Who is Lionsgate associated with?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, now this is actually odd.

So, one upload of mine actually got blocked because of WMG as well (the ha ha hee hee song). Thankfully it was just blocked and I haven't received a copyright strike.... Yet.

But still, what is going on? Again, I get Warner has home video rights, but do they now suddenly have music rights too? :confused:

Edit: oh, hey. Just saw an above post from Shane.

Well, now I'm actually curious to see if Warner actually bought music rights or not....

Edit again: eh, at this point I'm just convinced WMG probably got the rights with the fact that they have had home video rights since 2010. Honestly, if I do end up getting a copyright strike, I'm probably gonna put my videos as unlisted.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Look no further but now TPIRMan1982 just got hit with a copyright strike by WMG (Warner Music Group) for posting What's My Part? That's not right at all.:mad::eek::boo:
Are you sure he got a strike though or are you just assuming that? Cause for all we know, it could have just been blocked.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Apologies for the tripple post, but I actually also just found out the what's my part skits both got audio releases, interestingly enough.

The little things you miss. :stick_out_tongue:

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Apologies for the tripple post, but I actually also just found out the what's my part skits both got audio releases, interestingly enough.

The little things you miss. :stick_out_tongue:
Okay, now this is actually odd.

So, one upload of mine actually got blocked because of WMG as well (the ha ha hee hee song). Thankfully it was just blocked and I haven't received a copyright strike.... Yet.

But still, what is going on? Again, I get Warner has home video rights, but do they now suddenly have music rights too? :confused:

Edit: oh, hey. Just saw an above post from Shane.

Well, now I'm actually curious to see if Warner actually bought music rights or not....

Edit again: eh, at this point I'm just convinced WMG probably got the rights with the fact that they have had home video rights since 2010. Honestly, if I do end up getting a copyright strike, I'm probably gonna put my videos as unlisted.
Well, The album was originally released by Peter Pan Records. It was later released on CD and cassette by Sony Wonder (Owned by Sony BMG)

BTW, Rohail just got a copyright strike for posting episode 2256. And now he lost the privilege to post videos longer than 15 minutes.

And that is why I posted those Sesame Street clips on Twitch. Lucky I saved What's My Part?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Interestingly, while a number of inserts where the same audio appeared on an audio release were taken down, it seems they haven't taken down videos that are taken from the audio release (with stills or lyrics or blank backgrounds or whatever).

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Interestingly, while a number of inserts where the same audio appeared on an audio release were taken down, it seems they haven't taken down videos that are taken from the audio release (with stills or lyrics or blank backgrounds or whatever).
That is weird!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've seen that some segments that were blocked have become unblocked. Not all segments that were blocked (unless some were voluntarily removed or made private), though.

During this time, I had been thinking about how a lot of great songs have never been released on an album, made a couple top ten lists about it for The Muppet Mindset, and seeing this makes me a little happy that some of them (mainly the rarer ones that Sesame Workshop has not officially uploaded onto YouTube) have never been released on albums.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, there are some Sesame Street songs that I feel like were ruined when they got album versions.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I've seen that some segments that were blocked have become unblocked. Not all segments that were blocked (unless some were voluntarily removed or made private), though.
That happened to me with my upload of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones' cover of "Zig Zag Dance."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
To be honest, there are some Sesame Street songs that I feel like were ruined when they got album versions.
With a lot of the old school songs that have not been released in audio form, if they were to do it now, they'd either have to do the original audio track from the show or have to have new performers rerecord the songs as the characters (I wonder if having current recasts record new versions of old songs from before they inherited the characters, that have never been on an actual album, would be good or bad).

Hopefully they've put an end to this, it'd be bad if we couldn't see long-unseen segments where the same audio was released on the album. There's a few that have only recently surfaced (that, last I checked, still haven't been unblocked), though many that have been on YouTube for over a decade still are/have been unblocked.