Peppermint... STINKIN...Park. Terrible Kid's show

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I think it's case-closed; they left a very generic "Next time on Peppermint Park" segment at the end of Volume 6 probably knowing it was half-dead. Anything lost media is fascinating (and I was legitimately happy Volume 6 was found), but I'm ready for this to be over; it's that queasy '70s Sid & Marty Krofft feeling x10 - you can only stomach this stuff in small doses.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yo, so apparently this guy is making his own fan series of Peppermint Park, with him planning to release a volume a year. He's even trying to buy the original puppet monstrosities to make it as authentic as possible.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I have checked on IcyRoserade sparsely since the intense search for that final volume (lol), so this doesn't come as a surprise to me; he's sane, but he's in too deep -- the perfect guy for the job! I will definitely watch it, but I can't believe what I'm hearing; I mean, you have to wonder how serious it'll be. On one hand, he has filming locations (imagine people's reactions to him filming this in downtown Brooklyn), a tentative release window and even a Panasonic from the '80s, but on the other hand, he's considering a plush replication for Ernie... what? At least he thought it out, but I honestly don't even get why he would do this if he couldn't get the original puppets.

I appreciate his dedication and you and I seem to have an odd interest in it, Froggy Fool (I see you in the discord lol... throw us both in the insane asylum), but I could not sleep with those things in my house; I would either burn them or you would find them in the yard. Imagine opening the box with them in the mail. :eek: I can't even fathom that these things lasted all these years, and it's kind of hard to fathom how bad the Ernie puppet is yet he has a shifting eye mechanism.

I like the idea of him doing a Volume 7 and it could be popular, but one volume a year after that is kinda pushing it imo.

Regarding the script, he said he's trying to be funny without being funny... good luck with that.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah I mean, if he has a passion for it (albeit an odd one lol), then I say go for it.

Oh, and get this - he has said he's planning a spinoff series of the show! :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Morbid curiosity resulted in my actually checking out the various different volumes on YouTube, and . . . was there some special reason why Piggle went from having a Kermit rip-off voice, to having a poorly repitched chipmunk voice after the first volume?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Morbid curiosity resulted in my actually checking out the various different volumes on YouTube, and . . . was there some special reason why Piggle went from having a Kermit rip-off voice, to having a poorly repitched chipmunk voice after the first volume?
There's so much weird about this show... there exist promo tapes with different versions of segments, and they typically chose to put the worse version of a segment on the actual volume.