Old Nickelodeon

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, honestly Rugrats ran it's course and I feel like most of it's original run still holds up pretty well. So I really feel like they could've just re aired the old episodes.
While i'm glad that Hey Arnold, Rocko, and Zim are all getting/had new specials, I really hope Nick doesn't start relying too heavily on nostalgia. Nicktoons have always been known for their originality and creativity. I'd really hate for them to throw that away, especially with the president leaving the company, they have a real opportunity to give new cartoons the chance to succeed that they haven't had in more than a decade.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly, I kind of blame this on the annoying 90's kids who are like "UGGHHH DIZ NEW STUFF SUKS I MISS DA 90'S!!!!111111!!!!!" and then Nick responds by reviving shows and then they'll start complaining that the revised stuff sucks.

It's gonna happen. I'm calling it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, luckily their other revivals have included the original creators and crew, so hopefully they do the same for Rugrats. I really hope they get Paul Germain on board. He was like, the main guy for the first few seasons, and the quality noticably declined when he left. Or, maybe some of the people who are doing the comics, those feel a lot like the show.

Mario500

Reaction score
I had a feeling that Nickelodeon might have some new advertisements in their programming involving the voice of a certain Wendell Craig credited for having done some announcements for their programming in years past.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So what exactly is going on with Butch Hartman right now?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So what exactly is going on with Butch Hartman right now?
I'm not following the story 100%, but it goes something like this:

Butch left Nickelodeon earlier in the year (or maybe near the end of last year) and has since just been doing clickbaity YouTube videos and podcasts. He then launched a Kickstarter campaign to create his own streaming service focused on "family friendly" programming. And it's since been divined that by "family friendly," he means "Christian" and nobody supporting the campaign was informed of that until after it was fully funded.

This video can sum it up better than me:

I was subscribed to his channel 'cause watching him draw was fun, but then he got uber clickbaity and desperate for attention that I just dropped it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh-kay. . . .

Some of that sounds like some of the same stuff that was going on with Channel Awesome, like their overpriced incentives during their Indigogo campaign a while back.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In regards to his departure, Butch has always gotten kind of a raw deal from Nick.

Every one of his shows went on a big hiatus at some point (Fairly Odd Parents, Danny Phantom and Tuff Puppy) and the latter 2 ended up getting cut short while the former was milked to death.

So I don't blame Butch for leaving.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nick's kind of spiteful like that. I'm surprised they let Craig Barlett and Joe Murray come back to do the new Arnold and Rocko projects - I know they previously severed ties with Craig for going to write for Johnny Bravo since Cartoon Network's their biggest rival . . . I'm sure they probably weren't too thrilled about Joe making Lazlo for CN either.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
i have no idea how true this is, but I heard that some people think he left nick because of the inclusion of lgbt elements in their shows.

i actually went and looked at the clip where he told tara that she caused the previous voice of timmy's suicide and like...even though he presented it as a joke, she looked like she wanted to crawl into a hole right there. Honestly all his interview videos just...no one seems like they want to be there. the one with jerry trainor seemed especially tense and awkward.