Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dude, this is why I've been unfollowing people. This is sometimes why I'll take breaks from there. Because of that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know, people keep urging me to unfollow/unfriend/block people like that as well . . . but as I keep saying, if I did that to everyone I know who rants about Trump on Facebook at all times, I'd be very, very lonely, because out of the 100+ Facebook friends I have, approximately two of them continue to blindly follow Trump, and one is still willing to give him a chance.

I mean, that's another difference between MC and Facebook: MC is an open forum for us to discuss a broad range of topics, and yes, that also occasionally includes politics; MC has always been, first and foremost, a community, and that's how I regard it. Facebook, on the other hand, is a social media platform, and as far as I'm concerned, it's mainly for keeping in touch with friends and loved ones, and staying connected with them. I mean, sure, people are just as free to post and share whatever they want to on their timelines and everything as we are in our threads here . . . but as I've said, I miss the days when I'd log into Facebook, and the news feed was basically friends' random status updates, and the silly pics, vids, and memes they'd share, and what have you - nothing more, nothing less.

In all honesty, if IM was still a thing, I'd probably still be sticking with that and still wouldn't have Facebook, because that was always my prefered manner of staying connected with friends. Yeah, I know Discord is kind of the new IM, but again, I just don't particularly care for large group chats where it's easy to get lost in the shuffle of multiple people posting at the same time - not to mention, again, one Discord I'm on, a majority of the rest of the group are in different timezones, so it's mostly active when I would otherwise be asleep, and dormant whenever I'm online.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I have a chunkful of friends on Facebook that constantly rant about Trump, while others still just share stuff like it were 2009 again (poop year).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I do not miss Facebook posts of " Look what I had for breakfast".
I do not miss the narcissism.
I do not miss the bullying.
I do not miss the violent retribution of people who claim to be oh-so-tolerant and open-minded... until you disagree with them.

Facebook started out as a good idea with great potential, but in the wrong hands has done more harm than good.

And is the addiction to it worth it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now these actually do look like the kind of female supporters Trump would love to get involved with, if you know what I mean:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay, this is something I want to ask honestly.

Has anyone on here actually lost a friend or gotten the cold shoulder permanently from someone in real life just because of the candidate you support/Ed?

Cause I actually have and it sucks. It really showed how that friendship basically isn't coming back cause it was already going downhill anyway.... :smirk:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Are we at war with Russia or did your breasts beat me senseless again?