Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, this is something I want to ask honestly.

Has anyone on here actually lost a friend or gotten the cold shoulder permanently from someone in real life just because of the candidate you support/Ed?

Cause I actually have and it sucks. It really showed how that friendship basically isn't coming back cause it was already going downhill anyway.... :smirk:
No, at least not that I'm aware of. As I said, a majority of my friends despise Trump as much as I do, and those who don't just basically ignore my political views as I do theirs. Admittedly, it has caused a little friction between myself and a staunch Trump-supporting friend who hasn't even lived in America for the past few years, because like a few people in this thread, he seems to have trouble discerning when I'm being sarcastic/faceteous and when I'm being serious . . . and will sometimes try to read between the lines of things I say to find something to get offended over when there's nothing there.

Now, my cousin on the other hand, having served in the Marines (and also being a devout vegan), has been alienated by not only many of his friends, but also many of his fellow Marines, and even his own family members for ranting about Trump on Facebook every single day, almost every hour of the day (and his wife is no better either).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Okay, this is something I want to ask honestly.

Has anyone on here actually lost a friend or gotten the cold shoulder permanently from someone in real life just because of the candidate you support/Ed?

Cause I actually have and it sucks. It really showed how that friendship basically isn't coming back cause it was already going downhill anyway.... :smirk:
Oddly enough I have lost or been given the cold shoulder for things that have nothing to do with politics. The two major issues were Steve Whitmire, and the need for clean comedy. My brother who is trying to become a stand up comic has all but shunned me on the issue of clean comedy.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have a question.

I understand how people could say Trump supporters are racists, but Trump himself has never said All of any race are bad murderers. He has simply said that there are some people of a different race are.
Why does that make him a racist?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Part of that attitude existed before the election. For Hillary to label working class whites as a basket of deplorables cost her dearly. And her smug arrogance sealed the deal.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The political drinking game - take a shot of amf everytime Russia is brought up whenever the 2016 elections are discussed.