Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There are two sides, and I honestly don't think ethier or is evil. Conservative and Liberal should not be considered bad words. If each side would stop pointing fingers at one another, and find comman ground our nation would be less divided. Stop attacking one another and start working together.

I honestly believe that all of the hate for Christians, people of any different races, and people with alternative lifestyles is poured out by the people in office on both sides. More so now since Trump is so outspoken and angry about anyone who he feels is "aginst" him.

Look how he was with "Rocket Man" Kim Jong Un. First they were battling, and then they have a sit down, which apparently went well.
Trump is the tragic result of the division in this country, and both sides created him. But I was somewhat comforted by a recent PBS news panel, which discussed how viruses create their own anti bodies. We can't see it now, but something is building to counteract all the division and mess we've created.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm gonna say something and I may get ridicule but whatever. I wish that both Michelle Obama and Ivanka Trump would run for President. These two women are absolutely wonderful in different ways. I would really love to see the both of them in a debate as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind having Michelle Obama for president in 2020 to be honest.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm gonna say something and I may get ridicule but whatever. I wish that both Michelle Obama and Ivanka Trump would run for President. These two women are absolutely wonderful in different ways. I would really love to see the both of them in a debate as well.
No you don't. @CensoredAlso is going to be the first woman president, remember? Honestly, I thought we were all working together here, dwayne....

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Someone made a valid point about the national anthem.
Everything else in people's lives can be different: race, gender, religion,sexual orientation, political stripe, etc.
But the one chance we can all show unity... FOR TWO FRIGGIN' MINUTES.. in spite of our differences... is to stand and honor those that fought to preserve freedoms so many take for granted.
Kaepernick has every right to voice his opinion, and plenty of forums off the football field to do so.
But if you can't even show an act of unity for two minutes, how in the name of all that's reasonable are you going to conquer divisiveness?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Soooo. . . . I'm gonna put this out there. . . .

In touching on what 1,000 Eyes was previously saying that much of Trump's supporters are truly and genuinely insane, I'm going to get a little more specific and say that I believe they live in their own perpetual Opposite Day. I mean, think about it:

- They think smart people are dumb
- They think dumb people are smart
- They think good people are bad
- They think bad people are good
- They think lies are the truth
- They think the truth are lies
- They think victims are bullies
- They think bullies are victims
- They think struggling, hard-working people are lazy
- They think lazy rich people are hard workers
- They think to spread hate and bigotry is the Christian way
- They think to follow Jesus' teachings of loving and accepting one another is un-Christlike
- They think being racist is exercizing free speech
- They think ethnic groups protesting discrimination is being racist
- They think things that help the economy hurt it
- They think things that hurt the economy help it
- They think things that help the American people are un-American
- They think things that hurt the American people is the American way to do things

It's almost like the American far right is its own little Bizarro World where everything is the exact opposite of what it is (or, rather, what it should be) in the rest of America in general.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Soooo. . . . I'm gonna put this out there. . . .

In touching on what 1,000 Eyes was previously saying that much of Trump's supporters are truly and genuinely insane, I'm going to get a little more specific and say that I believe they live in their own perpetual Opposite Day. I mean, think about it:

- They think smart people are dumb
- They think dumb people are smart
- They think good people are bad
- They think bad people are good
- They think lies are the truth
- They think the truth are lies
- They think victims are bullies
- They think bullies are victims
- They think struggling, hard-working people are lazy
- They think lazy rich people are hard workers
- They think to spread hate and bigotry is the Christian way
- They think to follow Jesus' teachings of loving and accepting one another is un-Christlike
- They think being racist is exercizing free speech
- They think ethnic groups protesting discrimination is being racist
- They think things that help the economy hurt it
- They think things that hurt the economy help it
- They think things that help the American people are un-American
- They think things that hurt the American people is the American way to do things

It's almost like the American far right is its own little Bizarro World where everything is the exact opposite of what it is (or, rather, what it should be) in the rest of America in general.
I don't agree with you on al, of those points, but I do believe your right about the hate,