The "You know what?" thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In The Simpsons episode "Who Shot Mr. Burns Part 1", when Burns gets shot, that must have taken place either on a weekend or school holiday, since there's actually a town council meeting before 3PM. Don't know whether it's unusual to have town hall meetings in the early afternoon, maybe it's more common than I think, but there's so many adults there (who were all able to get off from work at the time), plus school staff and students (Bart, Lisa, and Milhouse are all there).

I've seen things that point out the episode's heavy use of the time 3PM as a clue (as that's when Mr. Burns got shot), I saw a few things (like the special "Springfield's Most Wanted") pointing out that that's when Bart leaves school.... But there wouldn't have been time for him to leave school, find Mr. Burns, and shoot him. Or could that have been to inform us that Bart couldn't have been the shooter? But regardless, there's clearly no school that day, since Bart is at the town hall meeting.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So many people say "uh Mai gad Nahrootoe killed Toonahmee" and honestly I completely disagree with that.

I mean, yeah, I get the series was starting to push out episodes more by 2007, but I think some people also forget this was by the time they started airing the filler arcs in seasons 4 and 5, and given how some could be pretty long (usually a maximum of 6 episodes) and they don't contribute into the actual story, it's understandable that they were trying to get the episodes out into back to back lineups.

(Plus, Shippuden is regularly shown on adult swim's Toonami and we once had part 1 airing uncut as well on it; never put the program at risk since).

I feel like people also forget this was when Stuart Snyder was president and started making many changes to the network.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My favorite TV show and two favorite movies are now Disney properties.

Not cool.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Seems both Buena Vista Home Video and Nickelodeon supported some of the same properties in the early 1990s.

Buena Vista got the video rights to Bullwinkle, The Jim Henson Company's library, and Alvin and the Chipmunks, in that order, and then Nickelodeon started airing all three, also in that order.

Of course The Disney Channel did air some Henson Company properties at the time, and The Chipmunks Adventure did air on The Disney Channel (I think the channel also aired A Chipmunks Christmas at the time as well). And further on the Nickelodeon side of things, it seems like they might have been taking baby steps with some of those properties - the channel aired Muppet Babies first, then various specials (giving them a weekly slot that seemed to have been meant to be temporary before reducing airings to special occasions, mainly as part of Special Delivery, and then finally giving the specials a more permanent weekly spot) and THEN rerunning The Muppet Show. With Alvin, the channel aired The Alvin Show first and then added the more popular Alvin and the Chipmunks series (and recently started a brand-new Alviiiiin and the Chipmunks show), though I don't think any Chipmunks specials aired on Nick (besides the few that were in the Alvin and the Chipmunks syndication package). And I think segments from The Alvin Show were shown as part of Weinerville before Nickelodeon started rerunning The Alvin Show on its own, but I can't fully remember.

Could Nick have been making broadcast decisions based on what Buena Vista had the rights to? Though Nickelodeon did start airing Muppet stuff a little before Buena Vista officially launched the Jim Henson Video label.

Also, and I think I might have pointed this out somewhere on the forum before, it seems Buena Vista treated Bullwinkle differently from other properties. The videos came with a mini-catalog advertising just the Bullwinkle videos and no other Buena Vista/Disney video releases, Disney's mini-catalogs that advertised its video releases didn't include the Bullwinkle tapes, and the only advertisements on those tapes was a promo for other Bullwinkle videos at the very end. The only thing on those tapes to suggest they were released by a company associated with Disney was the fact that Buena Vista had a castle in its logo (which did confuse me as a child). But then the Jim Henson Video and Chipmunks video releases had mini-catalogs that were the same as what was sold with Walt Disney Home Video releases, including those and (I think) other Buena Vista videos along with Walt Disney Home Video releases (though Jim Henson Video typically got its own section at the end of the catalog, put upside-down to appear like it could be the front). Though I think there was a Chipmunks video release that contained a mini catalog for just Chipmunks releases.

The Jim Henson Video releases usually just advertised other Jim Henson Video releases, but there were some that advertised other releases from Walt Disney Home Video or Buena Vista Home Video, and I think the Chipmunks releases advertised other properties from the labels (I actually haven't watched many Chipmunks VHS tapes and can't remember what ads were on the ones I have watched, though I did watch a YouTube video of previews on the first Chipmunks Sing-Along tape and saw that all the promos were for Jim Henson Video releases), and these were sometimes advertised on videos from Walt Disney Home Video or other labels.

And I don't think non-Bullwinkle videos from Disney or Buena Vista Home Video had opening promos for the Bullwinkle videos, either, but I can't be fully sure (maybe there's a Disney video release I never watched that has such a promo).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding insensitive, y'know Demi Lovato kept saying she was going to take a break from her music, but she never did, and now here's the whole mess with her falling off the wagon after being clear for years . . . I dunno, maybe she should have actually taken that break and taken time to relieve herself of whatever stresses and burdens she may have been under, rather than just keep going and going to the point of overworking herself.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've finally reached 200 subscribers on YouTube. Took me five years to get the first 100, but it only took two to get the other.