The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Been listening to this song the past couple days.

This song was so emotional when I was a kid. I loved the Sir Topham Hatt snowman.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Been listening to this song the past couple days.

This song was so emotional when I was a kid. I loved the Sir Topham Hatt snowman.
I can see why it made you emotional. I didn't watch Thomas but, it seems like the sort of song I would've enjoyed when I was younger.

cjd874

Reaction score
One of the last songs that the Beatles recorded together, if I'm not mistaken. A darn fun tune, considering all the tension between them at the time.
EDIT: One of the last Beatles songs released as part of a single...it was the B-side to "Let It Be." They did several recording sessions from 1967-1969 and spliced various bits together to form the final track.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Not my favorite either, but still okay in my book. The 1980's songs are the weakest spots in the playlist when placed alongside tunes like "Layla," "The Joker," and "Stairway to Heaven" (although STH is quite overplayed imo).
Stairway to Heaven is underplayed (probably because of its length) in my area (though they do play the full America Pie, which overstays its welcome), and I think it has a timeless appeal that makes it better than most the songs you listed, but songs like American Pie, Hotel California, the Joker, Don't Stop Believin', Livin' on a Prayer, Turn the Page, etc. are played every day at my job that they've essentially become memes and are absolutely ruined for me.

I did hear Uncle Albert the other day, which was nice:

Maybe I'm Amazed, Live & Let Die and Silly Love Songs are overplayed.

cjd874

Reaction score
Stairway to Heaven is underplayed (probably because of its length) in my area (though they do play the full America Pie, which overstays its welcome), and I think it has a timeless appeal that makes it better than most the songs you listed, but songs like American Pie, Hotel California, the Joker, Don't Stop Believin', Livin' on a Prayer, Turn the Page, etc. are played every day at my job that they've essentially become memes and are absolutely ruined for me.

I did hear Uncle Albert the other day, which was nice:

Maybe I'm Amazed, Live & Let Die and Silly Love Songs are overplayed.
I've grown tired of Don't Stop Believin' and Livin' on a Prayer as well...same for (dare I say it) the Stones' I Can't Get No Satisfaction. But I NEVER get tired of Hotel California, American Pie, or Bohemian Rhapsody. I only really enjoy the second half of Stairway to Heaven too.

I love Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, especially when it gets to "HAAAAAANDS across the water...haaaaaaaaands across the skyyyyy!"