Questions about anything

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Every time I see gavry posted in a thread I remember he's a Muppet Central legend cause he got name-dropped in that blameitonjorge video... here's my question about anything: Is it "blame it on George" or "blame it on Jorgé (hor-hay)"? Every time I hear someone say it in person they always say George, but I think it's Jorgé.
I'm thinking it's Jorgé because I can't think of anyone that spells George with a J.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw this video of promos before Nickelodeon's airing of Hey Cinderella during the 1993 Muppet Mania marathon...

And when it gets to the promo that introduces the special, I'm having trouble understanding what it says. It says it's "the Nickelodeon (word I can't quite make out, sounds a little like "review" but that can't be it) of Hey Cinderella!"

At first I wondered if the announcer was saying "premier" (it was the first time I knew of it airing on the channel, but I don't know that it didn't air sooner, maybe as part of Special Delivery - I could have seen it in the TV listings before and ignored/forgotten it since there's nothing "Muppet" in the title).

I've watched a few Nickelodeon promos of its airings of Muppet specials, which list the copyright dates... I wonder why this one lists 1984 as opposed to 1968 or 1969 or 1970.

gravy

Reaction score
I saw this video of promos before Nickelodeon's airing of Hey Cinderella during the 1993 Muppet Mania marathon...

And when it gets to the promo that introduces the special, I'm having trouble understanding what it says. It says it's "the Nickelodeon (word I can't quite make out, sounds a little like "review" but that can't be it) of Hey Cinderella!"

At first I wondered if the announcer was saying "premier" (it was the first time I knew of it airing on the channel, but I don't know that it didn't air sooner, maybe as part of Special Delivery - I could have seen it in the TV listings before and ignored/forgotten it since there's nothing "Muppet" in the title).

I've watched a few Nickelodeon promos of its airings of Muppet specials, which list the copyright dates... I wonder why this one lists 1984 as opposed to 1968 or 1969 or 1970.
He's saying ''The Nickelodeon debut of Hey Cinderella!''

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If Canada was more like America, would Canadians say to other Canadians speaking French, "Speak Canadian or go back to France where you came from!"?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why do newer TVs have such sucky picture quality? My mom currently has a rental TV in her bedroom, the sharpness only goes up to 50%; my dad has a new TV for his truck, the sharpness only goes up to 16% - both of them have really blurry, fuzzy, terrible picture. I thought all new TVs were "HD"? What gives?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Why do newer TVs have such sucky picture quality? My mom currently has a rental TV in her bedroom, the sharpness only goes up to 50%; my dad has a new TV for his truck, the sharpness only goes up to 16% - both of them have really blurry, fuzzy, terrible picture. I thought all new TVs were "HD"? What gives?
Perhaps they still receive an SD signal.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
These are the actual picture settings on the sets, it has nothing to do with the signals.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
because sharpness doesnt actually increase quality of the picture. in fact high sharpness is bad (the higher the sharpness the WORSE the picture will be)

all sharpness does is enhance the edges of an image, which...really just makes the edges of something more noticeable and ugly