Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
But nobody will do anything about it.
Because just putting restrictions, and more regulations on guns is not the answer. If someone wants to hurt themselves and others they will find any means to do so.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Where's a white racist cop when you need one????!!!
That would make it SO EASY and so convenient to have BLM show up, demonize the cops, blame the NRA, single out a scapegoat, and have license to riot.
Show me one time...JUST ONE... where BLM shows up to protest black on black crimes, and you'll win me over.

Not ten.
Not five.
Just one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because just putting restrictions, and more regulations on guns is not the answer. If someone wants to hurt themselves and others they will find any means to do so.
Guns are designed specifically for mass murder, there is no weapon more deadly than a gun, and guns are falling into the wrong hands. Yes, people can find other ways to hurt themselves, but no other ways can do as much harm in so little time as guns.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Guns are designed specifically for mass murder,
No, guns are specifically designed for shooting objects, unspecified. However, they can be used for mass murder.
there is no weapon more deadly than a gun,
Ever heard of a bomb?
and guns are falling into the wrong hands. Yes, people can find other ways to hurt themselves, but no other ways can do as much harm in so little time as guns.
True!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Where's a white racist cop when you need one????!!!
That would make it SO EASY and so convenient to have BLM show up, demonize the cops, blame the NRA, single out a scapegoat, and have license to riot.
Show me one time...JUST ONE... where BLM shows up to protest black on black crimes, and you'll win me over.

Not ten.
Not five.
Just one.
73 shootings in Chicago over the weekend, including 7 dead. Not only has BLM not protested, they can't even find the time to put out a simple statement. Certainly highlights to me the fact that they are just another political arm of the liberals. Black lives don't matter to them. Black VOTES do.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
From CNN:

Job Approval rating:
President Trump 40%
President Obama 45%

Jobs Added:
President Trump 3.2 mil
President Obama -2.9 mil

Deficit
President Trump $532 Bil
President Obama $936 Bil

GDP
President Trump 4.1%
President Obama 1.6%

Somebody must be doing something right

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's amusing and at the same time sad how a three letter word God can cause such controversy.
Could we possibly be getting prayer back into our schools? One could only hope, and that would really be wonderful.
Here is the thing, for decades the public school system has pushed God out. Which in my opinion has caused schools to become a very immoral place. I think by putting "In God we trust" in the schools it gives a sense of authority, power and respect.
I know that there are those who don't like it, but I see this a the start of good things to come.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I personally don't see how the lack of God has somehow demoralized public school . . . mandatory prayer was long gone by the time I was in school, but honestly, there was never any problems in elementary school. Middle school and high school were different stories, but middle school was a special case, because it was in the ghetto. High school was typical high school: yes, there were some immoral activities going on like smoking in the bathroom, teen sex and pregnancies and such, but we can't really blame it on lack of God for two reasons. 1. This is what high school is like - it has been for decades, and will probably continue to be this way - this is the age that teens like to rebel against the establishment. 2. This will continue to happen whether God is in their lives or not . . . my sister's always had God in her life, and she was fairly close to be a stereotypical teen girl when she was that age, and she continued to rebel even into the Genesis of her adulthood: she did drugs, she partied, she had her firstborn out of wedlock.

Private schools and homeschool are often far more faith-based, but even that wasn't immune to some of the immoralities of society . . . I remember in my science class in Grade 9, one of my classmates was quite practically the Eddie Haskell of my generation: always acting up, always goofing off, always being a wise guy, but would put up the polite facade when speaking to the teachers . . . but my Eddie Haskell had an incredibly, incredibly perverted and raunchy sense of humor - and thinking on it now, I bet HAPPYTIME MURDERS would be right up his alley, lol.

Reading the article, I can understand the person's feelings that whether or not God is in somebody's lives is up to the parents and families themselves, but at the same time, I don't see the harm in the motto "In God We Trust" being on public display in schools either - as pointed out, it's already seen everywhere else, from our money, to government agencies, and such.