Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I personally don't see how the lack of God has somehow demoralized public school . . . mandatory prayer was long gone by the time I was in school, but honestly, there was never any problems in elementary school. Middle school and high school were different stories, but middle school was a special case, because it was in the ghetto. High school was typical high school: yes, there were some immoral activities going on like smoking in the bathroom, teen sex and pregnancies and such, but we can't really blame it on lack of God for two reasons. 1. This is what high school is like - it has been for decades, and will probably continue to be this way - this is the age that teens like to rebel against the establishment. 2. This will continue to happen whether God is in their lives or not . . . my sister's always had God in her life, and she was fairly close to be a stereotypical teen girl when she was that age, and she continued to rebel even into the Genesis of her adulthood: she did drugs, she partied, she had her firstborn out of wedlock.

Private schools and homeschool are often far more faith-based, but even that wasn't immune to some of the immoralities of society . . . I remember in my science class in Grade 9, one of my classmates was quite practically the Eddie Haskell of my generation: always acting up, always goofing off, always being a wise guy, but would put up the polite facade when speaking to the teachers . . . but my Eddie Haskell had an incredibly, incredibly perverted and raunchy sense of humor - and thinking on it now, I bet HAPPYTIME MURDERS would be right up his alley, lol.

Reading the article, I can understand the person's feelings that whether or not God is in somebody's lives is up to the parents and families themselves, but at the same time, I don't see the harm in the motto "In God We Trust" being on public display in schools either - as pointed out, it's already seen everywhere else, from our money, to government agencies, and such.
Well again all of this is just my personal opinion. When most people think of God they think of a higher power, or authority, and that's why I think it would bring some amount of change.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/peo...ter-wearing-short-dress-church-114314844.html

I'm still not saying I agree with those who pin the blame of sexual harassment/assault/what have you against women on the women because they invite it on themselves for how they dress, however, I still say there's a fine line, and Ariel Winter, once again, proves to be a classic example of my point: she takes issue with people over-sexualizing her all the time, but when she intentionally dresses provocatively for attention, she's not helping her matter. Whether it's the plunging necklines she wears, or shorts and skirts that come just below her butt cheeks, people aren't going to not go into creeper mode over it. It also doesn't help that one of her latest movie roles has her going topless, and she's basically playing a hooker trying to get with Burt Reynolds.

As for this, I agree, she could have covered up a little bit more in church for goodness' sake. I mean I've seen my share of women and girls growing up, coming to church dressed in similar attire, whether they're showing leg or some cleavage, it just seems to me that church isn't the place to wear such attire . . . heck, back in my day, most girls would be reprimanded for violating dresscodes if they came to school dressed like that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/peo...ter-wearing-short-dress-church-114314844.html

I'm still not saying I agree with those who pin the blame of sexual harassment/assault/what have you against women on the women because they invite it on themselves for how they dress, however, I still say there's a fine line, and Ariel Winter, once again, proves to be a classic example of my point: she takes issue with people over-sexualizing her all the time, but when she intentionally dresses provocatively for attention, she's not helping her matter. Whether it's the plunging necklines she wears, or shorts and skirts that come just below her butt cheeks, people aren't going to not go into creeper mode over it. It also doesn't help that one of her latest movie roles has her going topless, and she's basically playing a hooker trying to get with Burt Reynolds.

As for this, I agree, she could have covered up a little bit more in church for goodness' sake. I mean I've seen my share of women and girls growing up, coming to church dressed in similar attire, whether they're showing leg or some cleavage, it just seems to me that church isn't the place to wear such attire . . . heck, back in my day, most girls would be reprimanded for violating dresscodes if they came to school dressed like that.
So your basically blaming women for being women. While it's perfectly fine for men to do whatever they please. Your saying she asked to be treated this way. I don't care if she was walking around in the nude no one asks to be harassed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So your basically blaming women for being women. While it's perfectly fine for men to do whatever they please. Your saying she asked to be treated this way. I don't care if she was walking around in the nude no one asks to be harassed.
I did not say that at all. I said there's a fine line that's being crossed here, and using her as an example of how slippery that slope can be. In cases like this, you have women who intentionally dress provocatively like this for attention . . . then complain about how they're being sexually harassed. Or, to put it into a rhetoric that you would understand, it'd be like black people attacking white people, then complain about having to deal with racism.

Women can wear whatever they like in public, but again, you have to draw a line somewhere, and wearing something that shows a lot of leg, or bares some cleavage, doesn't seem like the appropriate thing to wear to somewhere like church. Likewise, going back to another example, a while back I saw a teenage girl at the grocery store wearing a completely see-thru dress that exposed her bright red bra and panties underneath . . . you're telling me that's not inappropriate or indecent? Would you want a teen girl of yours dressed like that out in a grocery store or in church?

With all the sex fiends you can find within the holy walls, I’d have thought it was the perfect place.
That . . . actually made me chuckle a little.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
******* through with this “women must hide their faces” ****. How the absolute ******* did this come about in the first place? When did men decide that this was the way to go? And why the **** are people in favor of this fuckery? I just cannot believe that we living in the 21st century can be capable of such stupidity, and it grinds my ******* gears at how people would rather be oppressed than free to show their ******* faces.

Islam is a stupid religion and we should be attacking it at its roots as much as we are Christianity. And if those Muslim extremist ***** don’t like it, hit me with a ******* airplane. Like I give a ****, you imposing retarded douchebag *********** oppressive ******* piles of bull semen and cow ****.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
******* through with this “women must hide their faces” ****. How the absolute ******* did this come about in the first place? When did men decide that this was the way to go? And why the **** are people in favor of this fuckery? I just cannot believe that we living in the 21st century can be capable of such stupidity, and it grinds my ******* gears at how people would rather be oppressed than free to show their ******* faces.

Islam is a stupid religion and we should be attacking it at its roots as much as we are Christianity. And if those Muslim extremist ***** don’t like it, hit me with a ******* airplane. Like I give a ****, you imposing retarded douchebag *********** oppressive ******* piles of bull semen and cow ****.
UMMM Ok.....