Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The whole things about TEEN TITANS! and TEEN TITANS GO! makes me think of how THE BOB NEWHART SHOW was the slightly more serious show and NEWHART was the far more absurd show, but NEWHART last longer than THE BOB NEWHART SHOW.

That's kind of what's going on here: TEEN TITANS! was the grittier and better-regarded show, and TEEN TITANS GO! is the sillier show, yet it's so far lasting longer than the original.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's kind of what's going on here: TEEN TITANS! was the grittier and better-regarded show, and TEEN TITANS GO! is the sillier show, yet it's so far lasting longer than the original.
Huh, hadn't really thought about it, but I guess TTG has been going longer then the original :grr:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Paramount Pictures has just announced today that they're working on a live-action DORA THE EXPLORER movie with Isabella Moner in the title role, and the reaction on social media is exactly as you would expect: "Why?" "Who asked for this?"

mr3urious

Reaction score
Paramount Pictures has just announced today that they're working on a live-action DORA THE EXPLORER movie with Isabella Moner in the title role, and the reaction on social media is exactly as you would expect: "Why?" "Who asked for this?"
Because preschool films have had such an excellent track record at the box office. :rolleyes:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Also, I think this is a last-ditch effort for Nick Jr. to win back the crowd after that aged-up, more grounded-in-reality reboot Dora & Friends flopped tremendously. This is not the right way to go about it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
at the very least i can see dora being viable to be turned into a movie cause of the whole adventure aspect.

like. if you completely stripped away the computer point and click 'talking to the audience' thing, and make it an adventure movie like a dumbed down jumanji 2 it...could at least maybe work for young kids? that's not to say it would be any good though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
at the very least i can see dora being viable to be turned into a movie cause of the whole adventure aspect.

like. if you completely stripped away the computer point and click 'talking to the audience' thing, and make it an adventure movie like a dumbed down jumanji 2 it...could at least maybe work for young kids? that's not to say it would be any good though.
That fake interactivity bit is the part that should be the first to go if Paramount actually goes through with this. One of Elmo in Grouchland's biggest faults is attempting to make it like Elmo's World with encouraging the audience to participate, which just served to slow down the film and makes it feel even more juvenile. Ditto Oogieloves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently Justin Lin is no longer going to direct SPACE JAM 2, and instead, Warner Bros. are wanting to attach Terence Nance to the project instead. Meanwhile, although he's long been said to be starring in the sequel, LeBron James has still yet to approve the script, and/or officially sign on to star.