You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, his character has definitely gotten dumbed down.
His character was dumb from day one. :stick_out_tongue:

But okay, here's a #FirstWorldProblem

Recently YouTube introduced new video players that conforms to the aspect ratio of the video itself, eliminating the pillarboxes if the video is 4:3, or the letterboxes if the video is 16:9, and so on and so forth . . . admittedly, it's a nice idea, but it's gotten me to thinking . . . when are they ever going to make a TV that can automatically adjust its display format based on the aspect ratio of the program or movie or whatever you're watching, so we don't have to keep doing it ourselves? I mean, it's quite a drag when I keep having to reformat my TV's display to 4:3 when watching tapes or DVD on my A/V input, then having to reformat it to 16:9 when watching the cable input (and sometimes back to 4:3 again if a certain channel broadcasts something in 4:3).

I mean, TVs are supposed to be "smart" now, right? You know what I mean?

Of course, the better question is simply this: why did we ever invent a cropping system anyway? Instead of cropping footage in 16:9 for theatrical display, or 4:3 for television display . . . why couldn't we just be watching the entire thing, uncropped, unformatted, unmatted, whatever all these years? That would've solved all of our problems from the get-go.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
And seriously, "Havanananana" has become a very overrated song.
Holy **** is that song a crime against ears if ive ever heard one. Camilla Cabellos other song there, "Never Be The Same" May just be even worse.
Oh well. Maybe the target demographic likes it, but even then I don't know about that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy **** is that song a crime against ears if ive ever heard one. Camilla Cabellos other song there, "Never Be The Same" May just be even worse.
I think she had a case of a swollen head or something; she quit Fifth Harmony because she thought she was better than them, or some crap like that, I don't know.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I think she had a case of a swollen head or something; she quit Fifth Harmony because she thought she was better than them, or some crap like that, I don't know.
Ah I see, a case of "most prominent member of band/group leaves because their ego is huge". That's nothing new.
And funny as it is, right after I posted my earlier comment, the oh-so-cliched "Fight Song" came on the radio. How fitting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, yes.

This is my fight song.
I wear a dirty thong.
And smoke from Danny [Bonaduce]'s booooooooooonnnnnnnnnnng.

This is my fight song.
I wear a dirty thong.
And smoke from Leif [Garrett]'s boooooonnnnng.

And I really don't care for nobody else but me-e.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Who was the wise guy who decided the cursive alphabet should look the way it does, like how the capital Q looks like a 2? The Simpsons pointed this out two-ite well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just now realized that so many country starlets out there are blonde and buxom with hairy arms and tattoos. How can you tell them apart?