Confessing Fears

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
These puppets?

Nah. If you ask me, they're not even remotely scary.
OMG, I remember these! I was just talking to my sister about those puppet segments yesterday. They cut those from reruns a long time ago, and they also cut these live-action song segments.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, why?

Let me guess.

Cause kids were only interested in seeing the little bald child that throws temper tantrums, right?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Most of the things I've posted in this thread were well known things from TV shows, movies, video games, creepypastas, songs, the Internet, etc. but this particular entry is completely different. The character I will be discussing was completely created by my subconscious mind. Years ago, I had a reoccurring nightmare that I was searching for some sort of lost object (I know, it's giving off a Slender-Man vibe already am I right? lol). But during my search for said object, I would always look under my bed and there would be a GIANT pink rabbit with fangs looking at me. It never tried to attack me, chase me, or anything like that it would just sit there and stare at me with it's horrifying uncanny valley-looking eyes. I don't know how my mind even came up with such a bizarre concept but I do know one thing, I was TERRIFIED of that creature. She (or well, at least I assume it was a girl because it was pink and had long eyelashes) appeared in countless dreams back then. I vaguely remember it got to the point where I believed she was real at one point. I remember telling my friend one night at a sleepover,
"Don't look under my bed, there's a giant creepy pink bunny under there!". Maybe I was just kidding around to scare him or something like that, but looking back I don't think that was the case at all. I'm pretty sure that a Sesame Street drawing (I think it was from a book or magazine) about Big Bird standing next to a cute looking friendly pink bunny character is what cured me of those nightmares. Seeing a very similar character to the one that freaked me out so much hanging out with a beloved Muppet was enough to cure me of that fear. You know why? If somebody is cool enough to hang out with Big Bird, then they are okay by me :wisdom:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Most of the things I've posted in this thread were well known things from TV shows, movies, video games, creepypastas, songs, the Internet, etc. but this particular entry is completely different. The character I will be discussing was completely created by my subconscious mind. Years ago, I had a reoccurring nightmare that I was searching for some sort of lost object (I know, it's giving off a Slender-Man vibe already am I right? lol). But during my search for said object, I would always look under my bed and there would be a GIANT pink rabbit with fangs looking at me. It never tried to attack me, chase me, or anything like that it would just sit there and stare at me with it's horrifying uncanny valley-looking eyes. I don't know how my mind even came up with such a bizarre concept but I do know one thing, I was TERRIFIED of that creature. She (or well, at least I assume it was a girl because it was pink and had long eyelashes) appeared in countless dreams back then. I vaguely remember it got to the point where I believed she was real at one point. I remember telling my friend one night at a sleepover,
"Don't look under my bed, there's a giant creepy pink bunny under there!". Maybe I was just kidding around to scare him or something like that, but looking back I don't think that was the case at all. I'm pretty sure that a Sesame Street drawing (I think it was from a book or magazine) about Big Bird standing next to a cute looking friendly pink bunny character is what cured me of those nightmares. Seeing a very similar character to the one that freaked me out so much hanging out with a beloved Muppet was enough to cure me of that fear. You know why? If somebody is cool enough to hang out with Big Bird, then they are okay by me :wisdom:.
I've actually thought about turning that bunny thing into a recurring character in my 2MattTV videos. The idea I had is where she would randomly pop up in cutaway-type sequences and make some rabbit-related pun every once in a while. Some of the ideas I thought of for her jokes were,
*while she's holding a Dr. Dre album, she looks over and says* What's up Doc?
Another example would be...…
"I met the Easter Bunny one time. He was actually pretty annoying with his odd obsession towards Easter eggs. So I told him to stop egging me on!"

Yeah.....I'm sure you get the idea by now. You can probably figure out why I never used that character, right? That seems a bit too weird even by my standards. I usually try to stick to a rule while writing my videos where every joke has to have at least some context to the plot. I almost never use cutaway gags, "show-within-a-show" gags where another character is watching TV, pointless dream/fantasy sequences or anything else that is simply there just for a random joke and doesn't drive the plot forward at all. That bunny concept TOTALLY breaks that rule, that's for sure. If a giant pink bunny with huge fangs and unrealistically large eyelashes popping up out of nowhere at random times and making horrible puns isn't the TVTropes definition of a Big Lipped Alligator moment I don't know what is.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is a commercial I actually have on one of my dad's Mst3k fan tapes from Comedy Central.

Oh my god.... This commercial was absolutely terrifying to me as a kid. Those little green monsters.... :eek:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Speaking of creepy comedy central shows, does anybody remember Triptank? Some of those skits totally messed with me when I was younger. For example, I remember this one skit where a talking cartoon rocket ship sent some kids into space and accidentally killed them all on the dangerous journey. There was another sketch where a mentally ill guy was imagining some disturbing talk show in his head. The transition between animation styles made it even more disturbing because some of the skits fell straight into uncanny valley territory. Whoever made that twisted show is NOT right. Jeff and Some Aliens was kind of funny though.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone remembers seeing this episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy as a kid, but um...

At 5:40, when the woman realizes her cookies were burning in the oven and it shows the cookies all black and burned with the kitchen alarm going off.

That part actually really frightened me as a kid that I ran out of the room and refused to watch the rest of the episode.

Just the way the burnt cookies looked freaked me out, and the sound of the alarm really bothered me (I was sensitive to loud, high-pitched noises).