Don't mess with Frank Oz when it comes to Fozzie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to agree with both Frank and Brian in this case: Frank in that it seems very unlikely that Jim would just up and give somebody a Muppet like that as a gift (unless it was in their likeness, like the first couple of TMS episodes did with their guest stars), and Brian in that it is a terrible-looking Fozzie - it looks more like a photo poser than an actual Fozzie Muppet puppet.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have to agree with both Frank and Brian in this case: Frank in that it seems very unlikely that Jim would just up and give somebody a Muppet like that as a gift (unless it was in their likeness, like the first couple of TMS episodes did with their guest stars), and Brian in that it is a terrible-looking Fozzie - it looks more like a photo poser than an actual Fozzie Muppet puppet.
I agree with you there, and in some way I feel a little sorry for Frank here. He genuinely seemed crushed by the news from Henson that this was something Jim had done.
Deep down I wish Frank could have bought it himself. Because during one of the promos for Muppet Guy's Talking Fran had a Prairie Dawn that Sesame Workshop gave her after she had retired., and even though he didn't out right say it Frank felt a little bit left out.
So it's very troubling at least to me anyways.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm sorry for Frank too. I can imagine nothing more deeply upsetting than finding out something one of your friends has done without your knowledge that seems a tad hurtful when the friend in question is gone and you will never be able to talk things through with him/her.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would think that a puppet or even a poser that was built in 1980 would be very run down, and in bad condition. Because any Muppet builder will tell you these puppets don't last long without having to have repairs and things done.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I've seen this going on a few days ago on Twitter

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
The Fozzie "on display" now has had a lot of work done. The one picture in the article from 2006 is how he has looked for the longest time (deteriorating, smushed face, etc.) Now he just looks like a cartoon plush doll.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The Fozzie "on display" now has had a lot of work done. The one picture in the article from 2006 is how he has looked for the longest time (deteriorating, smushed face, etc.) Now he just looks like a cartoon plush doll.
Well hopefully it's being worked on by Henson.