Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The sad thing is . . . I actually know at least one person who is openly transphobic, and would actually side with those parents and justify their feelings - this is actually one of the reasons she voted for Trump, because she didn't like the idea of transgendered people using women's restrooms, for fear they may spy on her or other women in there.

But hey, this just proves yet another Republican double standard: death and rape threats against minors are perfectly acceptable if said minors are calling for gun control, or are black, or LGBT, or look like foreigners; death and threats against a minor is absolutely deplorable and those who made such remarks should be ashamed of themselves, if said minor is Baron Trump.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The sad thing is . . . I actually know at least one person who is openly transphobic, and would actually side with those parents and justify their feelings - this is actually one of the reasons she voted for Trump, because she didn't like the idea of transgendered people using women's restrooms, for fear they may spy on her or other women in there.

But hey, this just proves yet another Republican double standard: death and rape threats against minors are perfectly acceptable if said minors are calling for gun control, or are black, or LGBT, or look like foreigners; death and threats against a minor is absolutely deplorable and those who made such remarks should be ashamed of themselves, if said minor is Baron Trump.
Speaking of a minor, I saw a report on Facebook the other day that is trying to make pedophilia a gender orientation.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

And Peter Fonda's remarks were totally okay.

There is just as big a double standard on the left. Susan Zeong of the New York Times making racist tweets against whites (#cancelallwhitepeople)
cops, ICE, etc.
So it's okay to be racist against white people (being led to believe racism is exclusively the white man's territory). If anyone white made a racist slur about her, all heck would break loose.

This is the kind of hypocrisy only the truly ignorant would fail to recognize.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that White Privilege really is a thing.

No, seriously, I do actually keep forgetting that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, but surely you would agree racism is wrong, no matter who perpetrated it, right?

Or is racism conditional? Does it depend on following a certain narrative?

Or is it okay not to hold people accountable to the same standard?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's the thing:

White people have historically oppressed black people for a very, very, very long time . . . and they continue to do so, in fact, it's been seeing a resurrgence every since Trump announced he was running, hence why we have groups like Black Lives Matter and such. And, do you know why there's been a resurrgence of this as of late? Because a lot of these white people are living in an irrational fear that when blacks become the new majority and whites become the new minority (and believe me, that's not too far off), that black people will suddenly turn the tables and start oppressing white people in the same ways they oppressed black people in years past, as sort of an act of petty revenge for history.

Is that ridiculous? Of course it is. But, this is what a lot of these conservative, Trump-supporting white people believe in, so, in they're minds, they're fighting to prevent that from happening, hence why we're seeing something of a deja vu of the Civil Rights Movement.

The point is, yes, racism is wrong any which way it's dished out (like that montage of racial epithets being thrown out to every group you can imagine in DO THE RIGHT THING), but white people shouldn't be given a free pass just because have this so-called "White Privilege," they need to be held accountable for their actions.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that White Privilege really is a thing.

No, seriously, I do actually keep forgetting that.
I swear your racist aginst white people....

White people are not privileged and the blacks are not. They are both given the same opportunities. The simple fact of the matter is black people expect everything to be handed to them simply because there great great grandaddy was a slave. Which is down right foolish and wrong.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Here's the thing:

White people have historically oppressed black people for a very, very, very long time . . . and they continue to do so, in fact, it's been seeing a resurrgence every since Trump announced he was running, hence why we have groups like Black Lives Matter and such. And, do you know why there's been a resurrgence of this as of late? Because a lot of these white people are living in an irrational fear that when blacks become the new majority and whites become the new minority (and believe me, that's not too far off), that black people will suddenly turn the tables and start oppressing white people in the same ways they oppressed black people in years past, as sort of an act of petty revenge for history.

Is that ridiculous? Of course it is. But, this is what a lot of these conservative, Trump-supporting white people believe in, so, in they're minds, they're fighting to prevent that from happening, hence why we're seeing something of a deja vu of the Civil Rights Movement.

The point is, yes, racism is wrong any which way it's dished out (like that montage of racial epithets being thrown out to every group you can imagine in DO THE RIGHT THING), but white people shouldn't be given a free pass just because have this so-called "White Privilege," they need to be held accountable for their actions.
Oh yes, my White Privilege and the ripped mattress tag rears its ugly head again.