The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This latest Storybooth cartoon:

I feel the girl's pain. Granted, I've never moved outside of the state, barely outside of the city (in neighboring communities), but there have been certain moves that left me deeply depressed.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This latest Storybooth cartoon:

I feel the girl's pain. Granted, I've never moved outside of the state, barely outside of the city (in neighboring communities), but there have been certain moves that left me deeply depressed.
Aw, that was actually more sad than I expected.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've also been on the opposite end of the situation as well . . . I remember in Grade 6, my best friend was moving to Arkansas after the school year was finished, because his dad was a very successful doctor, and they were relocating there in regards to his job (he may have even started up a practice there, I don't remember). After that, I only ever saw him once when he came back to town to visit for another friend's birthday party a year later. I was invited to his Bar Mitzvah a couple of years later, and he even wanted to reserve a seat for me right next to him at the table for the ceremony, but even then my folks and I were nearly dirt poor, and we just couldn't afford for me to go - either by plane or by bus.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, and another one. . . .

Am I the only one who absolutely cannot stand frozen vegetables? Unless it's like those Birds Eye medleys in some kind of a cheese, butter, or garlic sauce, I just can't eat them. At all. Frozen corn and green beans are probably the worst: always so rubbery and chewy, and taste nothing like actual corn or green beans . . . I don't even like canned corn (unless it's cream style), but there's a canned green bean that's usually seasoned in a mix that includes onions and mushrooms that's actually really good; but otherwise, corn's gotta be fresh from the cob for me.

Frozen mashed potatoes (or even instant mashed potatoes) I can tolerate as long as I smother them in lots of salt, or other seasonings I happen to have, since they tend to be flavorless and tasteless.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's really freaked out by birds?

And another, am I the only one who likes wearing shoes but not socks?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
But isn't Big Bird your favorite character?
Yeah, I know. Ironic, ain't it? :stick_out_tongue:. But, I mean, just seeing a bird doesn't freak me out, and oddly enough they've always been some of my favorite animals, but some are creepy if you get too close, and occasionally violent, and I hate when your walking by a tree and all of a sudden a bird just bolts out of it in your direction.