Will any former Muppet performers return to the show for the 50th anniversary?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
We know the iconic Adult cast is returning to Sesame Street in time for its 50th anniversary, but what about the former Muppet Performers ?

I mean any word on if Fran Brill will step out of retirement to return for some 50th anniversary fun ?

Or if they can convince Joey Mazzarino to come back to the show for the 50th anniversary Special ?

I mean do we even know if Frank Oz or David Golez will make an appearance or two for the 50th anniversary special ?

Besides the main Sesame Street muppet cast: Just how many former Sesame Street Performers have come and left the show and are still alive to come back for the 50th anniversary ?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
if they can convince Joey Mazzarino to come back to the show for the 50th anniversary Special ?
Yeah, I don’t expect Joey, he’s now working for Henson. Besides, he left the show on bad terms. Most of his characters are now retired like Murray, Stinky, and The Elephant.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It would be great if they called some of the old performers back, but it hasn't been done for any of their other anniversaries, I doubt they'd do it now. The anniversary specials tend to be a look at the past, but from the standpoint of whatever era the show is currently in. For instance, 20 Years And Still Counting very much felt like something that would come from the show in 1989, Elmopalooza had most of the major characters from Season 29/30. So, unless there's some kind of guest character specifically written for say, Fran Brill or Brian Muehl, I doubt any of them are coming back. I do, however, think that seeing a few of the old humans like Luis and Maria could be a possibility.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Like, @Pig's Laundry said, I doubt Fran or Brian (or really any of the not as major performers) will return, but you never know. What I do think will happen though is Frank Oz returning to at least voice some of his characters... I know it's been almost 8 years since he's been on the show, but I still think there's a chance that SW could snag him for a day or two since it's the 50th anniversary and all.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Frank Oz might be the exception though I can see them trying to get Steve for one appearance or two

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I don’t expect Joey, he’s now working for Henson. Besides, he left the show on bad terms. Most of his characters are now retired like Murray, Stinky, and The Elephant.
Why What happened?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Wow...I had no idea.

Like, @Pig's Laundry said, I doubt Fran or Brian (or really any of the not as major performers) will return, but you never know. What I do think will happen though is Frank Oz returning to at least voice some of his characters... I know it's been almost 8 years since he's been on the show, but I still think there's a chance that SW could snag him for a day or two since it's the 50th anniversary and all.
Yeah at this point, we're just gonna have to wait and see, we don't know what the future will hold.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1 want J3rry 2 stop bein ded s0 he can play C0unt agin!!!

1 want Stev 2 stop bein fird s0 he can play 3rn13 ag1n!!!

1 want K3v1n 2 stop bein left frum SS s0 he can play 3lm0 ag1n!!!

1 want Fran 2 stop b31n r3tyrd s0 sh3 can play Praree and Z03y ag1n!!!

1 want J03y 2 stop b31n g0n s0 h3 c@n cum bak n b 0n t3h show ag1n!!!

1 want C@rrr0LLL 2 stop b3n 0ld so h3 c1n play B1g B!rd n 0scur ag1nz!!!!!!

1 want my abs0lutly rel1st1c n r3@s0n1bul d3mands 2 b met 0r 1 w1l p3rs1nly g0 2 SESAME WORKSHOP with my army of SESAME BRATS n w3 w1l n0t l33v t1ll dey g1vz us wat we wont!!!!

The Elephant.
Horatio.

Last edited: