Mister Rogers' documentary "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" to debut in select theaters June 8, 2018

gravy

Reaction score
This documentary is currently available on Amazon Prime for streaming and will come to DVD in September!

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I watched this on New Year's Eve with my family. My god that was such a beautiful movie. It made me tear up numerous times. We need Fred Rogers now more than ever. Thank you Mr. Rogers for teaching all of us to be kinder human beings. :smile:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I never met Mr. Rogers, but I did get to meet Dave Newell (Mr.McFeeley). Very nice guy.

One thing he shared, Fred was an awesome piano player. Loved jazz. Sometimes Fred, John Costa (musical director) and Joe Negri would jam together, and the crew would all stop and watch.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I never met Mr. Rogers, but I did get to meet Dave Newell (Mr.McFeeley). Very nice guy.

One thing he shared, Fred was an awesome piano player. Loved jazz. Sometimes Fred, John Costa (musical director) and Joe Negri would jam together, and the crew would all stop and watch.
That's awesome Fuzzy Gobo!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I had never liked the idea of referencing an attack or series of attacks only some numbers and a slash or the idea of doing so only by a calendar date (without the year).
I don't know what possessed me to reply to this, but anyhow...
Since 9/11, people old enough to remember will always associate with the horrible events that day. For millions of people that day is seared in their mind. You don't have to elaborate "The attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11,2001 were terrible".
9/11 tells the story. Simple honest direct language.
Just like my grandparents remembering Pearl Harbor. Two words tell the tale.
Fred's role in all this? He recognized the evil in the world that made the attacks possible, but we can still overcome evil with love.
9/11 was one of those days you remember forever- what you were doing, the color of the sky, it was a moment frozen in time. And showing us how to cope with it was one of the last lessons Fred taught before his death.