Any SST Songs Make You Cry?

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Another moment was "I am an Earthworm!" sung by Slimey! It was the final episode to have Around the Corner. It was also the last episode to have Mr. Handford, Ruthie, Celina, Jamal and Angela, Uncle Wally, Savion and other characters during the "Around the Corner era. I remember shredding with tears after the episode ends with a dedication card that reads "This Season is dedicated to the memory of Jonathan Stone (1933-1997)".

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
For some reason, I get a little teary eyed whenever I hear this particular Sesame Street song. I think it has something to do with that adorable cat Muppet's sweet little voice. I LOOOOVEEEE cats and I have a tendency to get emotional whenever I see, hear, or think about them. Especially ones as adorable as the Muppet kitty in that clip. I remember whenever I was a kid and I used to play the video game Scribblenauts, I would summon a bunch of cats just for fun but every single time I did that I would end up crying because of the plethora of adorable meows coming from my screen. Cats are just something I have a serious soft spot for and whenever I'm angry, sometimes just seeing an image of a cute cat is enough to soften my heart:
On the other hand, there is this sketch which while it isn't a song, it makes me sad for a much different feline-related reason. The ending where the cat flies off into the air with a kite just saddens me every time I see it. I honestly blame seeing this sketch as a kid for being the recent why despite finding cartoon violence hilarious, I can't stand when it is perpetrated specifically against cartoon cats. Various violent cat sketches from other shows that I encountered later on in life such as the time Peter Griffin violently skinned Quagmire's cat and several of the more brutal Itchy and Scratchy segments off The Simpsons have really upset me in the past and I think it all goes back to this one scene. It was one of, if not THE first thing I'd ever seen on TV that truly bothered and upset me. Sure I was freaked out by the Yip-Yips and a couple other skits but this one did more than just scare me or weird me out. This sketch here would legit depress me every time I saw it, I can vividly remember my eyes watering like a faucet every time this cartoon came on. I think it's the pitiful meow sound that the cat makes as it flies of into the air that really makes this one bother me though. It sounds almost like a real kitten in danger, crying for it's mom rather than a cartoonish sound effect of someone impersonating a cat. That's just simply not funny and it goes WAY beyond the type of content I would expect to see on a show like Sesame Street. I mean, they never even resolved the sketch and said what happened afterwards. That poor harmless animated kitten could've died for all we know! Dark humor is fine in adult cartoons and even older kid shows like Invader Zim but that type of comedy has absolutely no business being in a show like Sesame Street:
I'm not even the least bit embarrassed to admit that the skit still really makes me cry. It's just so awful and pointless. Couldn't they have just ended with the kitten snuggling up with the kangaroo or something that's actually cute and charming like that. Almost killing a harmless baby animal, whether animated or not is a topic that I find very hard to laugh at. The joke have to be EXTREMELY clever for me to even chuckle at such a concept.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, I'll be honest.

As a kid, I always found "Inside Outside story" to be pretty emotional. Since the two Anything Muppets never got together.

The song "It's Alright to Cry" also made me feel pretty sad as a kid (though I guess that goes without saying. :shifty: )

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Everytime I watch or hear Ernie's song, "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" I get tears in eyes and start crying. It's just so beatuiful and makes me miss Jim more than I already do:cry:. Everytime I hear it I think it's about dying and how Jim feels about it and his way of saying, "When I die, I will miss all the places and people I love." :stick_out_tongue:
I cry at that song sometimes too, such a beautiful song only the great Jeff Moss could’ve written, God dear his soul.

:stick_out_tongue::jim:

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
I ALWAYS cry like a little baby when I hear “Homesick” from “Big Bird in Japan”. I love Big Bird so much & the thought of him being so far from home & scared always breaks my heart.

:wisdom: