"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Actually just rewatched it on 123Movies

I really like the film

The puppetry is unbelievable- how Phil manages to blow smoke amazes me.

Mellissa was extremely funny

Kevin, Drew, Victor and Dorien are all fantastic with their characters. Larry is a really likeable character (when I originally thought he was the murderer) Victor did a great job with him. So good to see Kevin puppeteering again he was a great Lyle and Mr Bumblypants

But bill was MVP HE WAS FLIPPING BRILLIANT

I did feel Joel Mchale and Elizabeth Banks were underused. And I thought Maya did a fantastic job as bubbles

Good thing is that the rotten cotten girls didn't have a role. Their only lines were the ones seen in the trailer.

Overall fantastic film
No accounting for taste (or a lack of it.) :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I am not exaggerating when I say, there isn't a single post-Jim Muppet production that I've ever been able to enjoy. One of them even gave me nightmares, heh. I don't expect that to change. So I guess that's all I can say.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I am not exaggerating when I say, there isn't a single post-Jim Muppet production that I've ever been able to enjoy. One of them even gave me nightmares, heh. I don't expect that to change. So I guess that's all I can say.
Not Even Bear in the big blue house?

snichols1973

Reaction score
So far, this film (which is the debut of Henson Alternative, a banner of the Jim Henson Company that specializes in adult content), resulted in Sesame Workshop filing a lawsuit against STX for using their trademark in a film which Sesame Workshop is not involved with, which was thrown out by the presiding judge, with STX issuing a statement afterwards:

“We fluffing love Sesame Street and we're obviously very pleased that the ruling reinforced what STX's intention was from the very beginning — to honor the heritage of The Jim Henson Company's previous award-winning creations while drawing a clear distinction between any Muppets or Sesame Street characters and the new world Brian Henson and team created. We believe we accomplished that with the very straightforward NO SESAME, ALL STREET tagline. We look forward to continued happy times as we prepare to release Happytime Murders this summer.”

Even fellow veteran Muppeteers Bill Barretta, Kevin Clash (best known as Elmo :laugh:), and Brian Henson have roles in the film.

Some versions of the ads start with "From the studio that was sued by Sesame Street...", with the tagline that the film is "No Sesame, All Street".

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Henson Alternative's been around long before this movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No. Never heard of this series. Why didn't this see a wider release?