The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed by thinking about learning how to drive. First of all, I have to take a test before I can even go to driving school! Then the driving part itself! That’s not all, my mom has been pressuring me to get started! She always feels the need to rub it it in that I need to learn! She actually has to leave work sometimes just to pick me up and then go back to work! Sometimes it feels like she hates doing that! Whenever she brings driving up, I get so annoyed. I get why I need to drive, but she doesn’t need to rub it in my face! Also, I’m scared to learn how to drive! I’ve been having mini anxiety attacks because of this!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate through the exact same thing. All I can tell you is . . . you actually do get used to it. May not mean you like it, but you do get used to it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is actually from about a week ago, but I much fear I may have accidentally scared and/or creeped out a girl. . . . :concern:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve been feeling a little overwhelmed by thinking about learning how to drive. First of all, I have to take a test before I can even go to driving school! Then the driving part itself! That’s not all, my mom has been pressuring me to get started! She always feels the need to rub it it in that I need to learn! She actually has to leave work sometimes just to pick me up and then go back to work! Sometimes it feels like she hates doing that! Whenever she brings driving up, I get so annoyed. I get why I need to drive, but she doesn’t need to rub it in my face! Also, I’m scared to learn how to drive! I’ve been having mini anxiety attacks because of this!
Learning to drive is a skill you're going to have to master someday. Your parents aren't going to be around forever to drive you.
You're inconveniencing your mom to leave work and cheauffer you around... to satisfy your fears.
Yes, you have to take a written test before the road test.
The trick would've been to do this early. In many states, they offer Driver Ed. for free in high school. All you need is to be 17.

You have two problems the longer you put it off:
1. You won't get any closer to driving, and the more your mom will hassle you.
2. The fear will not go away unless you TRY.

Unless you like living with fear. How's it working out for you?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Learning to drive is a skill you're going to have to master someday. Your parents aren't going to be around forever to drive you.
You're inconveniencing your mom to leave work and cheauffer you around... to satisfy your fears.
Yes, you have to take a written test before the road test.
The trick would've been to do this early. In many states, they offer Driver Ed. for free in high school. All you need is to be 17.

You have two problems the longer you put it off:
1. You won't get any closer to driving, and the more your mom will hassle you.
2. The fear will not go away unless you TRY.

Unless you like living with fear. How's it working out for you?
Right now, not at all. The part about being an inconvenience to my parents made me feel terrible. You’re right, they won’t be able to drive me around forever. Guess it’s time to hit the books, but I’m still scared and nervous about it

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I was this close to getting in trouble, but luckily got off with one final warning.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Right now, not at all. The part about being an inconvenience to my parents made me feel terrible. You’re right, they won’t be able to drive me around forever. Guess it’s time to hit the books, but I’m still scared and nervous about it
It's one thing to be nervous. I've been driving over 30 years and sometimes it gets hard, especially at night.
But I can't let fear dictate whether I drive or not because people depend on me. My wife is legally blind, so she can't drive. So I have to.

You owe it to yourself to try. Maybe you'll pass, maybe not (or maybe not the first time).

But don't let fear make the decision for you.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Work was fine up until a dog fight broke out. It was the same dog that attacked a pug over food a few weeks earlier. She was at the gate going home then suddenly turned on another dog and started shaking her and then turned on another dog! As a result, a bucket of mop water was knocked over and I had to clean that up resulting in running behind!

Now I’m afraid of losing my job because both fights happened on my watch! I feel like it’s my fault those fights happened, I could’ve easily stopped them from happening. I just feel like crap right now!:cry: