Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I went to see Christopher Robin yesterday and it surprisingly, my dad really enjoyed it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Gotta hand it to Crazy Rich Asians for achieving its crazy success through the domestic market alone, though interestingly enough, it's other Asian countries where it's not doing so hot. This is likely because if they wanted to watch a movie with an all-Asian cast, they would have just seen one of their own homegrown productions.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=crazyrichasians.htm

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I think Wonder Park looks like a pretty good movie. The concept seems promising, and the animation is beautiful and of Disney/Pixar quality.

Also, it's worth noting that the movie is being directed by Cow and Chicken creator David Feiss, who also worked on the Open Season movies. I guess that explains why the bear and the porcupine kinda look like Boog and Buddy.

Last edited:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I just saw Wreck-It Ralph 2 today, and it was great! Much better than I thought it was going to be.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
And i'm sure it's a good movie, but the marketing didn't make it look very good. Other recent animated Disney movies have given us something in the trailers to intrigue us, or even a comedic teaser. The main point of advertising for this movie has simply been insert internet meme here, and all the product placement.

Last edited:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
One of my favorite parts of WiR2 was when
Ralph did a Bob Ross parody video, complete with poofy hair. I could not stop laughing at that, especially because I'm a big fan of Bob Ross and The Joy of Painting.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
so apparently they're not including be prepared in the new lion king because they're afraid of the nazi references

honestly the song itself is just any other villain song? the only nazi reference was the goosestepping hyenas. just dont animate that scene and problem solved

cowards