Does anybody think you're weird for watching Sesame Street?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Some of the adult comedies and sitcoms are great in my opinion too. I was referring to the ones that shock just for the sake of shocking ([adult swim]'s Mr. Pickles for example). If you don't know the show I'm referring to it's some ridiculous adult cartoon (I use the term adult very loosely btw) about a Satanic dog who brutally kills people, uses raunchy language, and is graphically shown mating like rabbits with his fellow cartoon canines. Adult shows with clever humor such as Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons, and all the Monty Python stuff is awesome. It just seems like too much of the R and even PG-13 rated comedies these days tend to fall into the "appeals only to tweens who want to look cool and edgy for watching stuff their not supposed to," category. I wish there were more true adult comedies that feature actual well written characters instead of lazily written racial stereotypes for the sake of shock value, clever dialogue as opposed to simply dropping the F-bomb over and over again for no reason, and witty visual gags that don't involve brutally murdering the characters without any clever reason as to why.
Yeah Ive watched a few of Mr. Pickles but yeah it's ok but don't care to watch it at all. But I understand where you are coming from as in adult type stuff that has that Shock Value just to get people or teens to watch it. I feel the same way.

Any Del

Reaction score
The who call us weird or think that we're weird for watching Sesame Street (or any cartoon for that matter) here's what they don't understand,

When we watch these old clips\episodes, they bring us back when life was more simplistic and less problematic. It make us feel good. I'm not saying "I don't like the present!" I love my life and all but sometimes I like to take a walk down memory land a reminisce on how amazing old (certain) shows used to be. Nowadays most of the shows that are airing aren't even HALF as good as some of the shows back in the day. They can call us any name in the book. I'll keep doing what I love until the day I die. It makes me feel comfortable and happy inside and out.

Erine81981

Reaction score
The who call us weird or think that we're weird for watching Sesame Street (or any cartoon for that matter) here's what they don't understand,

When we watch these old clips\episodes, they bring us back when life was more simplistic and less problematic. It make us feel good. I'm not saying "I don't like the present!" I love my life and all but sometimes I like to take a walk down memory land a reminisce on how amazing old (certain) shows used to be. Nowadays most of the shows that are airing aren't even HALF as good as some of the shows back in the day. They can call us any name in the book. I'll keep doing what I love until the day I die. It makes me feel comfortable and happy inside and out.
I agree but we are all alike. The ones who don't like one show or call it babyish or even say it's over rated or dumb also are the same ones who get picked on by others who hate what they like. So I feel for those who call other shows they don't like the same as us. They have shows that bring them the same type of feels we feel for our stuff we watch. Understand that they might not like something you like but you might not like something they like.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah Ive watched a few of Mr. Pickles but yeah it's ok but don't care to watch it at all. But I understand where you are coming from as in adult type stuff that has that Shock Value just to get people or teens to watch it. I feel the same way.
Mr. Pickles is such an awful cartoon.

Like, I like blood and Gore and things that get dark, but that show is just ridiculous. Like the only way you could honestly watch it is if you were on drugs, and even then someone could get paranoid watching it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Mr. Pickles is such an awful cartoon.

Like, I like blood and Gore and things that get dark, but that show is just ridiculous. Like the only way you could honestly watch it is if you were on drugs, and even then someone could get paranoid watching it.
I like Happy Tree Friends which is all about blood and gore but yet somehow Mr. Pickles bothers me. I think it's the combination of gore and sex that makes me feel uneasy. That is a very bad combination in my opinion. Happy Tree Friends may be one of the goriest cartoons ever but they don't even acknowledge sex. Mr. Pickles on the other hand features about as many sex scenes as an entire season of Game of Thrones.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I remember people thinking my friend and I were weird when we got at all ecstatic after the Crack Master clip had finally been found. We were at a Christmas party at my mom's workplace together when I had first been notified that the Crack Master clip was released via my YouTube notifications feed. I can totally understand why most other people in the room gave us some understandably odd looks when we were excitedly freaking out like people do at a football game over a lost Sesame Street cartoon.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
Nobody has ever called me weird for watchin Sesame Street, but obviously they don’t understand either. It doesn’t matter to me, though.