Jim Henson Hour

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Hi!

Here where I live (Portugal) the only Henson shows that have been broadcasted were TMS, SS and Fraggle Rock, but I keep watching you guys talk about Jim Henson Hour...

What show was this? How was it? Which Muppets appeared on it?

Can you give me some information about that show?

Thank you!

muppet_dk

Reaction score
It's were one of my favorite shows.
It started with a intro by Jim Henson and a white lion (the one from The Storyteller)
After that the first part were a show were Kermit were running a TV-station with some old and new muppets.
The second part would be diffrent from shpw to show. Storyteller episodes and opther specials that were made for JHH such as Dog city, Song of the cloudforrest, monstermaker and so on.

You can read more on the show and on the first episode at toughpis.com

scarecroe

Reaction score
ToughPigs will be posting transcripts and screenshots from the entire run of JHH all summer long.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
And, MAN, I'll be looking forward to that. But will he only doing the MuppeTelevision segments or the fantasy dramas/children's specials as well?

scarecroe

Reaction score
As far as I know, Danny will only be doing the MuppeTelevision parts. Storyteller is coming to DVD next month, so there'd be no point to that, but I don't know about the other stuff (like Dog City, etc).

He's got a brief episode guide here...

http://toughpigs.com/anth03juneintro.htm

Ernie101

Reaction score
Hey I just thought of something....Every complains about not having Henson shows....and as many letters and calls as they get its a wonder there isnt a "Henson" channel....I mean There is a disney channel showing all disney shows...Why cant we have a channel showing classic muppets and old sesame streets...new sesame streets....Muppet movies...Bear in the big blue house,Interviews....Documentarys...Merchandise....

I can just imagine a little green frog in the corner of my tv with henson writen in cursive under it.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Thank you all for the information you shared...

I forgot: here in Portugal there were also brodcasted some episodes of Muppets Tonight (7 or 8) and Dinossaurs...

It would be great to have a Henson Channel, but it would probably be pay-per-view like disney channel is (at least in Portugal you have to pay 10$ per month to have Disney)... It's a pity, but maybe one day, thanks to some lovers, to some dreamers and to "we" :big_grin: