Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, the trusted sources at Muppet Wiki have finally brought us a full rundown of the episode: https://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_0847

As of this writing, they edited out most of the old info about the episode. Don't know if it was a mistake or if they felt it wasn't needed now that we have a rundown (I could ask), but a lot of that info was great info, more about the episodes reception and the fact that they chose to stop rerunning it.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Well, the trusted sources at Muppet Wiki have finally brought us a full rundown of the episode: https://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_0847

As of this writing, they edited out most of the old info about the episode. Don't know if it was a mistake or if they felt it wasn't needed now that we have a rundown (I could ask), but a lot of that info was great info, more about the episodes reception and the fact that they chose to stop rerunning it.
WHOO-HOO! Now we know what inserts they showed in that episode. As it's pointed out that most of the old info had been edited out, I can't guarantee if those were the inserts actually aired in the episode. But it's funny that the I-Ink insert at the beginning of the episode has an angry bird-- How about, the Angry Birds should come attack the Wicked Witch just as they attack the green pigs!

And if you're wanting to know what Muppet inserts were shown in Episode 847, they are as follows:
  • Ice Follies with full-body versions of Bert and Prairie Dawn
  • Waiter Grover serves alphabet soup
  • Ernie imagines eating a sandwich and drinking a glass of water at night
  • Green Muppet hand spins a top
  • Cookie Monster shows his cookie counter machine to Ernie
  • Roosevelt Franklin Elementary: Up and Down
  • Muppet & kid moment with Herry and John-John: Up and Down
  • Here is Your Life: Loaf of bread
Wow. At first when the episode wasn't fully compiled, I was doubting whether that scary 2-part skit with the Count spending the night with Ernie and Bert, and Ernie goes zombie-walking out of his bedroom counting, was supposed to have been shown in that episode since the episode was supposed to be scary. But I was surprised to find out it wasn't shown in that episode. XD

gravy

Reaction score

So, if this is from a ''trusted source'' (very likely from Sesame Workshop) I guess it proves the tape WAS NOT destroyed after all.

Okay, so we got to disprove that... So, yeah, I guess the only thing we really need to push for now is the release of the episode.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
And if you're wanting to know what Muppet inserts were shown in Episode 847, they are as follows:
  • Ice Follies with full-body versions of Bert and Prairie Dawn
  • Waiter Grover serves alphabet soup
  • Ernie imagines eating a sandwich and drinking a glass of water at night
  • Green Muppet hand spins a top
  • Cookie Monster shows his cookie counter machine to Ernie
  • Roosevelt Franklin Elementary: Up and Down
  • Muppet & kid moment with Herry and John-John: Up and Down
  • Here is Your Life: Loaf of bread
Seriously? Anyone reading the article could have easily clicked on the link if they wanted to know what Muppet inserts were shown in the episode...

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
One step closer my guys!

So, if this is from a ''trusted source'' (very likely from Sesame Workshop) I guess it proves the tape WAS NOT destroyed after all.

Okay, so we got to disprove that... So, yeah, I guess the only thing we really need to push for now is the release of the episode.
We know Sesame; I would've bet my left nut they didn't destroy it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
While I'm pretty sure no episode was destroyed, this wouldn't be proof. The trusted sources aren't video copies (otherwise we'd likely see images for each scene). Just because an episode is destroyed doesn't mean that the script or other production documents were as well.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
That's true; I will still eat a shoe if they destroyed the episode. That's like some crazy fanfic. I also have to eat a shoe if ten more newcomers are revealed for Smash Ultimate, so I'll pretty much have nothing to walk in and be dead... RIP.

wiley207

Reaction score
Wow. At first when the episode wasn't fully compiled, I was doubting whether that scary 2-part skit with the Count spending the night with Ernie and Bert, and Ernie goes zombie-walking out of his bedroom counting, was supposed to have been shown in that episode since the episode was supposed to be scary. But I was surprised to find out it wasn't shown in that episode. XD
Yeah, I was wondering if any other "nightmare fuel" segments were included, like some of Etienne Delessert's really bizarre cartoons (such as the ogre face on a hill with the Irish music, the mutant rabbit chasing kids to fast rock music, or the "face morph" ones), the Crack Master (though given it appeared in Episode 0848, I kind of doubted it), the freakier first-season Muppet monster skits (like Kermit's "More or Less" lecture, the "B Sound" lecture, "In the Box," etc.), Count von Count and Waiter Grover, Bob and Luis and the Train of Doom, that weird "Bird" cartoon, or maybe even something we haven't been able to obtain a clip of yet, like the "12" sketch with David as a snake charmer!
And hey, good timing at getting a rundown of this episode, since next month will be October!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It is kinda weird that the episode doesn't seem to contain any segments that are supposed to be scary (I guess it doesn't need to have segments that are unintentionally scary to many viewers). I don't think it even has anything with horror elements. No Wanda the Witch or witches cooperate or somewhat scarier monster segments or anything with The Count.

Looking at the segment rundown, it seems like it doesn't really have anything that's really rare besides the street story. There are a few segments that are currently unknown/unidentified by the wiki but I don't think those are particularly sought after by fans. It does have a Roosevelt Franklin segment, but that one has been online for a few years at least.

Just this past week, I wondered if there'd be a guide for this from trusted sources (I'd like to assume they have info on every episode, but I don't know for sure). I've also been told that in some of the scripts they list what episode number each segment debuted in (and I have seen a few episode pages that have the "trusted sources" header but only list one segment, so I wondered if those will get guides soon or if seeing the numbers listed in a different script is the best we'll get for now), made me wonder if they'd at least see this episodes number cited as the first appearance of certain segments in later scripts.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I have a question: where do fans get this silly notion that "OMG SESAMEZ DESTROYED 847 OMGGGGG!!11!!!!11" when they have no evidence to back it up? I mean surely SW has every episode compiled...?!