ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Kermit and Piggy's relationship simply did not work for me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can understand that.

Honestly, in the Henson days, I saw them as nothing more than tounge and cheek humor. But by the time Disney took over and as the years went on, it's like the actually tried experimenting with them and didn't know how to make them continue.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, it's like Frank has said: Disney may really like the Muppets, and may want to do things with them, they just don't know what to do with them, let alone really understand them.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, it's like Frank has said: Disney may really like the Muppets, and may want to do things with them, they just don't know what to do with them, let alone really understand them.
Which is highly frustrating for me, because yes I know they are "puppets" but I genuinely care about there relationships.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It just shows they're good characters at the end of the day.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Almost nothing about this show worked. It was practically DOA. Crazy it’s been three years since it premiered.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There were a number of factors that I think made it quasi-doomed from the start.

The main thing was that it was an entirely rushed affair. The pilot was done extremely quickly, it seems, so they didn't have much of a hold on what they actually wanted to do. And they pitched it for Fall 2016 instead.

I think it all could've worked more if they didn't commit so fully to the realism aspect of it all and had more fun with stuff.

But, honestly, it was probably the best full-length thing (web videos excluded) they've done since MCC (the two recent movies are fine, but they're also sloppy messes of plotting and editing).