Little things we've noticed

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is something that's all too common with the dimwitted characters of kids shows: they just get progressively stupider the longer a show goes on. Ed? Kel? Two very good examples.
Sad but true. Drake from Drake and Josh is another good example, as well as basically the entire cast of The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody. And adult comedies aren't immune to this either.
After a while it starts to limit the types of stories you can tell with them.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think it’s more of the writers haven’t been doing anything different with Grover. When was the last time Super Grover was on the show or anything with Mr Johnson.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think it’s more of the writers haven’t been doing anything different with Grover. When was the last time Super Grover was on the show or anything with Mr Johnson.
That's also a good point. We don't see him take on other roles/functions as often as we used to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know, looking deeper at How Now Brown of the Moo Wave, I seriously think they modeled him after Sting of the Police.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I just realize a little something, seems throughout the 80s and 90s, Kevin would substitute as a major character when the performer wasn’t there like Kermit in Big Bird story time, Grover in Monster in the Mirror, Count in Counting Vacation. Is there any more examples of this?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I was just thinking?

I'm actually glad Little Jerry's "Danger" got released on the 60 favorite songs album under its original studio recording, because if it was re-recorded for the signs album with Jerry providing bass vocals again and (I'm guessing) the Pointer Brothers also providing backup vocals (they did a pretty bad job in all of the songs, personally), I can imagine it sounded just as cheesey and watered-down like "Telephone Rock."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Another thing I was just thinking:

While Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats being credited for singing "One Way" remains a mystery to me, I can't help but wonder if, given that two of the green greaser's friends look like the Alphabeats, that song was originally intended to be a Little Chrissy song, and the album version was released first with credit and all, but when production on filming for that song came about, it was quickly changed to a generic AM greaser with another extra character added in (the blue guy), with the green and lavender AM's changed to generic greaser characters but with the same facials and hair added on.

I was also wondering if they were credited for singing "Mary Had a Bycicle" because the person in charge of creating the album's artwork probably didn't see the TV version, heard Cerf's vocals in the background and just assumed it was Chrissy and his band.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Since I've gotten better with noticing puppetry movements, it just now occured to me that Chrissy and Richard in "Mary had a Bycicle" were both puppeteered by the same person (I'm guessing Frank Oz).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You can kind of almost always tell when two puppets are performed by one person, giving how too perfectly in-sync their body movements and lip-syncing are; however, usually one of the puppets (more likely the one on the left, since most of the performers are right-handed) is still a little off somehow.