The Leslie Mostly Show with Guy Smiley

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If a DVD set leaves out someone like Professor D. Rabbit, nobody will mind.
As somebody who would want every recurring character on a commemorative DVD set, I agree that I wouldn't be too upset if Professor D. Rabbit was left out. Or most of the real obscure/failed '90s characters.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki now has info confirming the Guy Smiley and Kermit segments (as well as an earliest known appearance for the Cookie Monster segment).

https://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Leslie_Mostly

It's not much that wasn't already mentioned in this thread from memories, but I must say that that Guy Smiley segment sounds awesome (wondering if it only sounds awesome on paper but less awesome in the final edit).

I am having a bit of trouble comprehending the ending of the Kermit one. So Leslie asks Kermit about the reporter process, after he had talked about what else he wanted to be, and repeats that. That's the reporter process? Seems like it might have been funnier if he'd interviewed Leslie Mostly. I wonder if they wrote it wrong on the wiki and it was actually Leslie doing what Kermit did with the hats. And it's cool that the wiki got this info on the week of Labor Day.

And it's so cool that the scripts do transcribe the segments that hadn't been mentioned on the wiki. I know that the scripts often just list the inserts but sometimes they do transcribe segments (the first script pages for the first episode, shown in the 40th anniversary book, do show that it had a script for the first Ernie and Bert insert). I would have assumed all insert segments were just written on their own pages separate from the full episode scripts, but clearly some segments are scripted in the pages (which gives the wiki detailed info on certain segments we otherwise wouldn't have much info on beyond a title). I have also read that at least one episode script transcribes a repeated insert from a few years back, and I think one of the users with the scripts speculated that they re-wrote some scripts by watching the episodes (as opposed to them being the true pre-production scripts).

So far, all the other Leslie Mostly Show segments continue to have the same EKA as before. Either those are the first appearances or they just searched for the ones that weren't on the wiki.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking about how one of the program guides lists "Song: Leslie Mostly", I wonder if maybe the guide was referring to the theme music when that sketch was listed (which would be very odd... I haven't seen program guides that list "Song: Kermit News" or "Song: Monsterpiece Theater"). I got this thought after looking at "what links here" for Leslie Mostly and seeing one of the songwriters names (which I thought it was odd until I saw the theme music listed among his contributions).

Thinking more about the dead puppet wall being started by Hoots, which I questioned, I wonder if Hoots was dropped during the late-1990s and then brought back (and then dropped again for a few years and then brought back for a few years and...). Off-hand, I can't think of much Hoots material for the end of the 1990s, but he did appear in a season 30 episode where Rosemary Clooney sings the theme song.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Wish we could get some pictures though. :frown:
Good news if you wouldn't know it, I was digging through for some foreign co-productions and was running through a batch of Susam Sokağı clips on Dailymotion that none of you discovered before and not only I found a Turkish version of Ernie and Cookie Monster's "Happiness is Looking Up and Finding Cookies", but shockingly, I accidentally ran across another Leslie Mostly sketch. And it's gonna blow your pants off once I tell you. It's a surprise! (Don't get too excited, cuz as said, that one's in Turkish also.) :wink:
Now, which one of you people think whether I'm gonna be posting either a Guy Smiley or Kermit sketch? Make your best guess. (It's a surprise, I can't tell ya!)

Last edited:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Now all we have to get now is the Guy Smiley sketch. Now we have "mostly" all of the skits except the Guy Smiley sketch.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Also, HOW ON EARTH WOULD GUY SMILEY KEEP HIS STUDIO AUDIENCE AS PETS. Miserably, the Anything Muppets are in a species of regular human beings, so it's RIDICULOUS to adopt human beings as pets. If you're going to adopt a studio audience as pets, you're MUCH better off with adopting monsters, since monsters considerably count as animals for pets. Adopting humans as pets IS NOT proper and NOT a good idea. :insatiable::smirk::concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So great to see the Kermit sketch, even if I can't hear the original English. I was a little confused by the description saying he repeats what he did with the hats after being asked what a reporter does, but from the looks of it, it looks like Kermit was going back and forth acting like himself and Leslie doing that exact interview.

Now all we have to get now is the Guy Smiley sketch. Now we have "mostly" all of the skits except the Guy Smiley sketch.
Ironically, this thread got started because the Guy Smiley segment was on the Verizone service (I guess nobody saved the video).