"The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I just saw the Happytime Murders Today! Truth be told, It wasn't as bad as people were saying it was. I enjoyed it a lot. The only thing I wish the movie would've done was that they would give The Happytime Gang a bit of a backstory, at least see how an episode of That show would play out. Kinda like starting from the past before the movie cuts to present time.

That's something I would have liked to have seen why the happytime gang originally ended.

gravy

Reaction score
Just watched it with @Old Thunder and it wasn't half bad! Actually better than I expected. Sadly the climax wasn't INTENSE, but it was definitely enjoyable. I think this would be better classified as the JHC showcasing their new [revolutionary] puppetry techniques.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
So @gavry3 and I just saw the film, and I loved it. Yes, there's a lot of stuff that could be overkill, but as a whole the film works very well and the jokes are hilarious.

Not too sold on McCarthy but she does have the best line in the whole film:

"Why don't you sing us a song?"
"Yeah, and it goes something like 'Mhmhmhm **** BOTH OF YOU'!"​

I swear I was laughing for about five minutes.

9/10

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
@Old Thunder I agree the line is underrated

@gavry3 yes that does give a good insight into the show but never explains the reason behind the cancellation

And this if you haven't seen the film is the opening song for the film

CBPuppets

Reaction score
well maybe if we get the Blu-Ray Release, there might be some extended scenes.

GrouchFanatic

Reaction score
L
Yeah, a sick, demented, perverted version of Sesame Street where everyone ***** and kills everyone else.

Sounds like Sesame Street to me.
Yeah, that movie’s gonna be awful. I can’t believe that Sesame Workshop lost the **** lawsuit. Long before this **** came out, I’ve HATED Melissa Manchester; she’s just a fat, ugly, not funny, untalented, annoying, selfish ***** & I wish she would leave show business forever.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hey Grouch Fanatic. Freedom of speech is a constitutional entitlement, but don't you think this is overstepping bounds with such extreme insults directed at the actress Melissa? And it isn't even Melissa Manchester who stars in the movie in question. She's Melissa McCarthy.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
L

Yeah, that movie’s gonna be awful. I can’t believe that Sesame Workshop lost the **** lawsuit. Long before this **** came out, I’ve HATED Melissa Manchester; she’s just a fat, ugly, not funny, untalented, annoying, selfish ***** & I wish she would leave show business forever.
First of all it's Melissa McCarthy and secondly don't you think that's a bit extreme?