The New New Quote Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Joey Mazzarino: This is an example of a character who went on, not to be a hit character but somebody who lasted. There was a little grouch plant that was in a bit, and the writers loved it so much they wanted to create a character for it. (He does the voice) "And then he became Stinky the Stinkweed".
Matt Vogel: Who plays Stinky the Stinkweed?
Joey: "I do, I don't wanna talk about it." He became this Jewish mother plant who would guild you into staying with him. "You go have fun, I'll stay here in the dirt with the bugs and the worms. It's ahigght, you go." But that's one way a character will evolve and there were a lot of scripts written for him.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Synonymous Botch: I know some of you have girlfriends, and wives.... And all that kind of crap! And you're probably expecting to get into their feathers tonight! Well let me just say.... TOUGH ****!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Synonymous Botch: I know some of you have girlfriends, and wives.... And all that kind of crap! And you're probably expecting to get into their feathers tonight! Well let me just say.... TOUGH ****!
"And for all you jerk-offs who think you can just sit around here on your fat *****, I've got just one more thing to say - GO SUCK AN EGG!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dude, that's what I'm saying!

I haven't seen the full dirty version yet since my copy from Walmart was scratched :grr: .... But when I saw the family friendly version (thinking the "original director's cut" on the DVD was that one), man.... He seemed so watered-down in the family friendly version. :smirk: to be honest, I can see why college students were leaving 10 minutes in during screening.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Kevin Clash: I got to perform with Jim a bunch of times and I loved how respectful he was when he came into Sesame Street. You know, this guy has done everything, directing, producing, but he was always respectful to whoever was directing. He even said to me "Boy, this script is hooo!" But he never said it to the writer, he never said it to the producer. He knew he was there to perform the character.
Joey Mazzarino: He was so deceitful, is that what you're saying? You heard it here first, he was a very deceitful man!
Kevin: No, he was respectful. And I really loved that about him.
Joey: Frank is very respectful too whenever he comes to the set.
Kevin: They come in with all those things clicking that they know how to do, but they don't wanna get in the way. They're there to put on the puppets and respect whoever's directing and stuff like that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Joey Mazzarino: I think new media helps us a lot, YouTube is hitting people that it would never hit. I wrote this song called I Love My Hair for my daughter, and it wound up becoming a viral thing. (Audience claps) Thank you. The first time I knew it was something special was this woman called the offices and someone came up to me and said "Did you write I Love My Hair?" I said yeah, and they put me on. And it was a woman in her 50's who worked for a New York state senator, and she started telling how much it meant to her, and she started to cry when she talked about it. And all of a sudden, it became a news story. And I wrote it for kids, but because of new media, it reached all these people, and it was shared on Facebook pages and everything else. It made me realize that not only is new media helpful, but we still have an impact, and we have an impact with characters people have never seen before. But it's the texture of a Muppet, and the simplicity of a shape of a Muppet and when you see that thing, there's some kinda magic and you become a kid again.