Will we get a Sesame Street TV Special to honor the 50th anniversary in 2019?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I’m sorry I said anything, guys. I just thought it might be worth a try cause it’s a super important milestone but I was wrong, from now on, I promise to be as realistic as possible.
Never apologize for expressing your opinion and to be honest I have the same idea of seeing a reunion between the Muppets of Sesame Street and the surviving cast of the show's 50th year long history in a banquet like style almost similar to that of the Muppet's 30th anniversary special.

It would be an hour and a half special spotlighting so many moments in the shows history for old and new fans alike.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't visit The Muppet Mindset and/or ToughPigs religiously, it has been confirmed that next year there WILL be a 50th anniversary special airing on both HBO and PBS! We don't know the airdate or what the special will be about, but it's happening! I'm already plenty excited! :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't visit The Muppet Mindset and/or ToughPigs religiously, it has been confirmed that next year there WILL be a 50th anniversary special airing on both HBO and PBS! We don't know the airdate or what the special will be about, but it's happening! I'm already plenty excited! :smile:
As am I! Not many shows can last 10 years let alone 50, so this is a huge milestone for the show. I only hope we get a tribute to the people who helped make this show that are no longer with us.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
While I am happy that we are receiving this 50th anniversary special on BOTH HBO and PBS...I do wonder if the local networks of ABC, NBC, FOX and CBS will get the special too given how in the past anniversary specials are aired on THOSE NETWORK before re-airing on PBS.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
As far as the local networks go...obviously we don't know if they'll be involved, but I've been thinking: if ABC will have the rights to broadcast something, this would be a superb opportunity to re-air Out to Lunch, perhaps in honor of SW also having celebrating their 50th?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Christmas eve on Sesame Street was so wonderful, I would hope that it and Follow That Bird get some love.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As far as the local networks go...obviously we don't know if they'll be involved, but I've been thinking: if ABC will have the rights to broadcast something, this would be a superb opportunity to re-air Out to Lunch, perhaps in honor of SW also having celebrating their 50th?
The Henson Legacy has used some stuff from that special in some of the compilation screenings. It'd be great if they had a full screening at the MOMI.