Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Except that's a fantasy. Women are pressured into abortions by their parents, by their boyfriends, and most especically by their doctors. Yet you will never hear about this from the pro choice movement.
That's kind of my point when it comes to why the left's stance on abortion is less about the termination of the fetus itself, and more about women's rights.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's kind of my point when it comes to why the left's stance on abortion is less about the termination of the fetus itself, and more about women's rights.
They dress it up as women's rights. They don't want to face the reality of women's situations.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And whenever they do, they play up the idea that it was unintentional on the woman's part, hence why it should her decision, and only hers. Case in point: pregnancy by rape.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And whenever they do, they play up the idea that it was unintentional on the woman's part, hence why it should her decision, and only hers. Case in point: pregnancy by rape.
Which is a cowardly smoke screen. They know it's 1% of abortions. They also aren't around if the women just happens to choose to have her baby. Their support is entirely reserved for the abortion choice. They will and have freely admitted this: Why should they care once the woman decides to keep the baby?

Old Thunder

Reaction score
The pro-life people don’t care about the people once they’re out of the womb either, too.

(And for the record, I actually agree with pretty much everything you’re saying.)

Last edited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The pro-life people don’t care about the people once they’re out of the womb either, too.
That's why I'm not Republican. And that's why I was only going to do a write in. Too bad, I had to see that article. :wink:

(And for the record, I actually agree with pretty everything you’re saying.)
It's OK, we're good. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm.

You know, I once saw a Lifetime movie (yes, I've seen Lifetime movies), where a father actually had this very attitude towards his daughter having a problem of being stalked by a man (more specifically, her older doctor). Seriously, the dad even said something to the effect of, "You're an attractive, good-looking young lady, you're gonna draw unwanted attention, it happens. Deal with it."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The first picture I agree is awful; I hate the term "boys will be boys" because that feels like a giant copout of letting them get away with their behavior. Anytime I hear someone sexually assault someone on purpose, all my respect for you is gone. It's something that will haunt you for the rest of your life.

However, the second picture feels like another extreme Lefty who, I assume, probably believes his party is perfect and overgeneralizes every single republican into that category. :rolleyes: