Let's see how many replies we can get to this post!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So what happened was, it was a nice day out (surprisingly) during winter time in February, so I went out to find a park to sit at and read my Naruto manga. But because there weren't alot of benches to sit at, I went to the playground area where kids were playing and the parents were watching cause I figured no one would care that I just casually sat there and read.

Boy was I wrong there.

When it was closing time, there were cops out for whatever reason. One actually wanted to talk to me, so I did as he asked, and he brought up that they got some calls from some concerned parents about my presense which made me a little confused. Thankfully the cops were super friendly and I just did everything as they asked (gave them my id, number, blah blah), and one was curious about the manga I was reading (I just told him it was an old anime I watched when I was a kid). So they just told me to be more careful where I sit and then I went on my way.

I am thankful that the parents didn't lie to the cops and made up stories like "Oh, he tried to kidnap my child!" Or anything like that, but I was pretty embarrassed and angry simply because these (clearly) overprotective parents couldn't just mind their own buisiness and just let me read my book.

But yeah. After that day, I haven't been back to that park since.

gravy

Reaction score
So what happened was, it was a nice day out (surprisingly) during winter time in February, so I went out to find a park to sit at and read my Naruto manga. But because there weren't alot of benches to sit at, I went to the playground area where kids were playing and the parents were watching cause I figured no one would care that I just casually sat there and read.

Boy was I wrong there.

When it was closing time, there were cops out for whatever reason. One actually wanted to talk to me, so I did as he asked, and he brought up that they got some calls from some concerned parents about my presense which made me a little confused. Thankfully the cops were super friendly and I just did everything as they asked (gave them my id, number, blah blah), and one was curious about the manga I was reading (I just told him it was an old anime I watched when I was a kid). So they just told me to be more careful where I sit and then I went on my way.

I am thankful that the parents didn't lie to the cops and made up stories like "Oh, he tried to kidnap my child!" Or anything like that, but I was pretty embarrassed and angry simply because these (clearly) overprotective parents couldn't just mind their own buisiness and just let me read my book.

But yeah. After that day, I haven't been back to that park since.
when was this

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, I can understand why parents were concerned, given that I was by myself without a kid, but even then, I was just minding my own business and if a parent just politely asked me to leave so others don't get a wrong impression, I would have been more understanding.