The New Am I The Only One Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do like some of their songs, yes: "Rock n Roll All Night," "Beth," "Detroit City Rock," "Any Way You Want It," "Shout it Out Loud," but I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to buy one of their albums, or attend one of their concerts.

I do like how they're sometimes able to poke fun at themselves: appearing on THE PAUL LYNDE HALLOWEEN SPECIAL, lending their voices to their appearance on ACTION LEAGUE, NOW!!, that commercial they did a few years ago where they appear at a children's birthday party and scare all the little kids. . . .

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
For a band that goes all out, their music is like...really really tame. I do like some of their songs but if it wasn't for their showmanship and big theatrics, they'd just be another generic rock band.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think the same could probably be said for Trans-Syberian Orchestra . . . I mean you listen to the music alone, yeah it's really cool and all, but they're almost nothing without their accompaning pyrotechnics and visuals.

But then again, that brings to mind something else too: am I the only one who can't enjoy certain music without the videos that were produced along with them? Like, sure, Lindsey Stirling's music is really nice, but how can you enjoy it completely without actually watching her choreographed dubstep dancing? Or Gorillaz, they're a visual band anyway, and they usually follow some kind of arc over each of their Phases of videos. And remember when PBS used to do those digital remixes? How can you appreciate "Garden of Your Mind" without seeing Mister Rogers, or "Happy Little Clouds" without the visual of Bob Ross' paintings?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
The validity of KISS has entered everyone's consciousness for some reason; I was listening to an interview last night where the artist called their music flimsy and that they were all about the glitter; I get into work today and the first thing a coworker and I start talking about is how Gene Simmons looked at all the action figures, lunch boxes and stuff and thought: "What the **** have we become?"

I personally have always liked them. Rock and Roll All Nite has been overplayed that I don't like it anymore (and it was always one of their worst songs), but I've always enjoyed Love Gun, Dr. Love, Hard Luck Woman, Detroit Rock City, Strutter, Shout it Out Loud, etc. Beth is better than Rock and Roll All Nite, but is approaching annoying/overplayed territory.

I also enjoy the music just as it is without the theatrics/appearance stuff.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I'm curious.

When the Around the Corner era was around, was I the only one that wanted to be inside the furry arms hotel, along with wanting to play in the playground?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one that personally prefers letting my hair dry naturally when I come out of the shower instead of blow drying it?