Coming September 24, 2022: Sam and Friends book by Craig Shemin

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm super excited about this book! I've tried to watch as much Sam and Friends stuff that I could find. Hanson's YouTube channel has a lot. This should be a wonderful look at Jim's early work.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. I'd imagine it'd have as much history about the show as they have, design sketches, BTS photos, and probably descriptions of the surviving episodes and connecting them to later Muppet bits.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'll have to wait till it comes out. But sounds really cool!

zns

Reaction score
Sounds awesome. I'd imagine it'd have as much history about the show as they have, design sketches, BTS photos, and probably descriptions of the surviving episodes and connecting them to later Muppet bits.
I have no doubt that Craig will have plenty of BTS stuff for all of us fans to pore over when the book comes out. He has been very instrumental in preserving not only Sam and Friends but all of the work Henson has done up to this day. I think it is safe to say that this is a project none of us would have expected to ever come out. I'm sure there will also be plenty of publicity for this as it gets closer to the release date.

zns

Reaction score
One thing that would be a perfect addition in the book would be a DVD containing all the surviving episodes of Sam and Friends as well as some early behind the scenes footage and a photo slideshow. I can't say that it will happen and that it's a long shot, especially due to copyright issues, but it's still a nice thought.:jim:

gravy

Reaction score
One thing that would be a perfect addition in the book would be a DVD containing all the surviving episodes of Sam and Friends as well as some early behind the scenes footage and a photo slideshow. I can't say that it will happen and that it's a long shot, especially due to copyright issues, but it's still a nice thought.:jim:
Yes!!! Seriously, they need to work something out. A DVD or two wouldn't hurt.

...Okay, two may be a bit of a stretch but still!!!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can't see them putting out a DVD for various rights reasons, mainly regarding Kermit and all the novelty recordings they used.

Reactions: zns

zns

Reaction score
I can't see them putting out a DVD for various rights reasons, mainly regarding Kermit and all the novelty recordings they used.
That's exactly what I thought with copyright issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.