Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So now Republican women are being like, "Oh, I'm part of the #MeTooMovement too! I was sexually assaulted when I was younger as well! But, I actually remember every single detail of my attack, right down to what the dude smelled like, and Dr. Ford is a sketch-*** ***** who can't even remember what she ate for breakfast this morning, so Kavanaugh doesn't deserve to be treated like this!"

So, again: it's that undying loyalty among the party and its own kind.
Goes both ways.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Dr. Ford didn't remember much from that night, but she is 100% sure it was Kavanhana. There are just to many very important details that are not getting answered. Personally I think she may have been drugged that night which would explain the memory loss. However being able to prove that 36 years latter would be impossible.

This whole issue is going to come down to he said she said, even with the FBI investigation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, it was funny eleven years ago, and he even managed to poke fun at himself when he was on SNL the first time, by playing up his temper tantrums and meltdowns . . . it's like he acknowledged his problem, and showed he could have a laugh at his own expense . . . it was even funny for a few years after that, what with, "I'ma let you finish" becoming memeworthy and all.

But . . . after so many years, it's just stopped being funny - intentionally or unintentionally - and has just become sad and pathetic. Like Trump, he clearly has issues, but he won't sort them out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Dr. Ford gave a credible testimony, but there still remains a degree of doubt whether Kavanaugh was even there.
But even before the hearing began, the left already decided Kavanaugh was guilty. No due process, no presumption of innocence, let's condemn him.
There were no corroborated witnesses to testify Kavanaugh was there (let alone did anything).
This was a hearing, but in any court of law, the burden of proof would be on Dr. Ford to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Kavanaugh was guilty.

As much as they dragged Kavanaugh through the mud, Diane Feinstein and company tortured Dr. Ford too. She did not want this to be the circus it became. She requested this remain confidential, and that trust was violated.

Bottom line, the Dems will stop at nothing condemning Kavanaugh because Trump appointed him. So putting Kavanaugh through heck and back is collateral damage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All this Kavanaugh stuff is starting to remind me of Mr. Snuffleupagus.

I mean, everybody on Facebook is saying that now girls will have nobody to turn to whenever they're molested, sexually assaulted, or even raped, because nobody will believe them . . . this is the exact reason why the SS writers decided to make Snuffy "real" after the grown-ups kept dismissing him as Big Bird's "imaginary friend" for nearly fifteen years.

Guess we've learned nothing after all. :smirk: