Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

gravy

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the same.

Which also sucks because there are some Cosby clips that haven't been released yet. :frown:
The full thing is in some places online...

PM me if you want it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh, thanks but no thanks.

I know the 20th special is on DVD. I meant for future Cosby clips that we haven't seen yet, like him counting kids, or him teaching "yesterday" and "today", or teaching the concept of "happy", etc.

wiley207

Reaction score
Holy *bleep*; my eyeballs nearly fell out of my head. I thought this guy actually had footage:

The bit of her dropping the broom was obviously fake, but kudos to the amazing green screen effect at 1:26; my brain was going through all kinds of emotions (didn't even know that was possible) for about five seconds until I realized this was an elaborate mockup.
I've seen that thumbnail as well. I knew right off the bat it was just a digitally-colorized version of that photo we've seen numerous times before, and figured it was another video explaining about how that episode is currently lost.
Plus, I can tell that footage was edited, since the witch looks so much younger, compared to how she actually appeared in 1976 in that photo and "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special."

gravy

Reaction score
I've seen that thumbnail as well. I knew right off the bat it was just a digitally-colorized version of that photo we've seen numerous times before, and figured it was another video explaining about how that episode is currently lost.
Plus, I can tell that footage was edited, since the witch looks so much younger, compared to how she actually appeared in 1976 in that photo and "The Paul Lynde Halloween Special."
Exactly. I was actually quite impressed, though!

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
@wiley207, @gavry3 already said. The episode IS NOT LOST. Anyone remember the proof he pointed out from a comment he found somewhere online that said "My mom works at Sesame Workshop, it's lost in storage and never converted to digital format with other old episodes. I tried asking to get it digitized but apparently there's an unspoken rule against it."? Also, only SOME of you claim it's lost because you're just saying no one might not get to see the episode again.

Also, imagine if Patrick Star claimed to have Episode 847, but you wouldn't want to message him to send it to you as it would turn out to be just a compilation of inserts from that episode! Cuz @ssetta once experienced this caper with Patrick Star over FAKE versions of various Season 1 shows, not cool!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Yep, though the five second window of me seeing it and not knowing what was going on was exciting.

gravy

Reaction score
@wiley207, @gavry3 already said. The episode IS NOT LOST. Anyone remember the proof he pointed out from a comment he found somewhere online that said "My mom works at Sesame Workshop, it's lost in storage and never converted to digital format with other old episodes. I tried asking to get it digitized but apparently there's an unspoken rule against it."? Also, only SOME of you claim it's lost because you're just saying no one might not get to see the episode again.

Also, imagine if Patrick Star claimed to have Episode 847, but you wouldn't want to message him to send it to you as it would turn out to be just a compilation of inserts from that episode! Cuz @ssetta once experienced this caper with Patrick Star over FAKE versions of various Season 1 shows, not cool!
Ugh, how do I say this... Okay. There is no way we can tell that comment was real. Besides, it may not technically be lost, but it's lost media specifically to the public... At least we hope so.