Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also, I just watched that video of the girl, and.... To be honest, that sounds JUST EXACTLY like the friend I was just describing.

But seriously, a high schooler flirting with a 9 year old? Jeez. This guy must have been SUPER desperate.

Any Del

Reaction score
All this Kavanaugh stuff is starting to remind me of Mr. Snuffleupagus.

I mean, everybody on Facebook is saying that now girls will have nobody to turn to whenever they're molested, sexually assaulted, or even raped, because nobody will believe them . . . this is the exact reason why the SS writers decided to make Snuffy "real" after the grown-ups kept dismissing him as Big Bird's "imaginary friend" for nearly fifteen years.

Guess we've learned nothing after all. :smirk:
Well said...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm definitely for men being held accountable for rape and sexual misconduct. I don't buy into the idea "Boys will be boys". I agree with you on that.

I also hope it would be possible for rape victims to come forward. If there's such vigilance against bullying, sexual misconduct should not be that big of a stretch.

But let's not call it hypocrisy (but at the very least inconsistency) that while there is selective moral outrage over Kavanaugh, nobody on the left raises an eyebrow over Keith Ellison. Promoted to State Attorney General, he has far more overwhelming evidence against him for sexual abuse and impropriety.
As long as he's a Democrat, boys can still be boys. Nice deal, ain't it?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Actually, there is, this is what women are saying: telling anybody is futile in many cases, because either the women are shamed for it, they're blamed for bringing it on themselves for what they were wearing or how they were behaving or what they said, or nothing's done about it because "boys will be boys." Elizabeth Montgomery even did a TV movie about this subject matter in the 70s, because things were even worse back then: women who were raped were treated like they were vile and disgusting creatures because of what happened to them - and police departments very rarely took the cases seriously anyway.

We've always lived in a male-dominated society, and for too long, the men have gotten free passes for their actions of mistreating, abusing, and assaulting women because, "it's just what guys do; boys will be boys." Women are not objects, nor are they sex toys for men to play with whenever they want and can get away with it. This is why women are fighting right now, because this whole ordeal is basically a big slap in the face and a punch in the ****** to them. Whether Dr. Ford is lying, or doesn't remember anything exactly as it happened, it's clear that Kavanaugh, like almost every other Republican politician, is a smug snake who has no business being in the position he's trying to get - I wasn't buying his fake crocodile tears for a minute.
I was with you until the last sentence. Since when do we determine guilt based on what political party they belong to or whether they have a smug look on their face? Your determination of guilt and viewpoint of Kavanaugh is being clouded by your hatred of all-things Republican. But then again, what else is new?

And as an aside, your comments about Alyssa Milano kind of makes it hard to take anything you say about sexual assault and criticism of "boys will be boys" comments seriously. You are guilty of the same attitudes of the people you criticize. Had a Republican said the things you said of Alyssa Milano and lack of sympathy for her you'd have 3 paragraphs criticizing it and at least half a dozen memes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Since when do we determine guilt based on what political party they belong to or whether they have a smug look on their face?
It's pretty similar to how both the left and right determine situations by race/gender.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I mean, I'm against promiscuity myself, and it's not even necessarily entirely for religious reasons, but I mean this is how certain cherry-picked aspects of the Bible are pushed way too far.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...28de4b0ba8bb211985b?ncid=engmodushpmg00000003

And as the author of this article points out, it's not just a generational thing, there's many people within the religious right who carry on with the ideals that women are second-class people meant to answer only to the men in the lives, even to this day. The church that I worked for briefly last year? The men of the church were staunch believers that women had no place in a church's staff, and even divided the study groups and fellowship gathers into men-only and women-only.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who the frog thought it was a good idea to give Trump access to our phones and TVs?