New Trivia Article about Follow That Bird

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Pfft.

If that movie were made today, they'd give him as much screentime as possible. :shifty:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Pfft.

If that movie were made today, they'd give him as much screentime as possible. :shifty:
Yeah, probs. But I mean, the last few years have shown that Elmo can actually carry a story when the writers try hard enough. So it wouldn't be too bad.
Though, i'm a little skeptical about that Elmo "fact" because the movie was filmed before Kevin Clash started playing him. Still, a few interesting trivia that I didn't know like about them having to paint the grass green for the farm scenes, and how Jim and Frank actually performed Ernie and Bert in a plane 18 ft in the air, which, from what I hear sounds very much like something Jim would do.

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder where they got their info about some of these, like Elmo originally going to have a bigger part or John Landis being offered to direct.

If Elmo was given his bigger part, it would have given Richard Hunt a bigger role in the movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wonder where they got their info about some of these, like Elmo originally going to have a bigger part or John Landis being offered to direct.
IIRC, there was an interview with Ken Kwapis sometime back about how he got called onto direct FTB, and I think he mentioned being brought in to replace Landis.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Those Dodo's used to freak me out, and the Elmo thing is weird, if it was indeed Richard Hunt who would play him; it would have been odd for them to feature an unestablished character like that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Even if Richard puppeteered him in that movie, I think eventually Kevin Clash would have dubbed over his voice anyway.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Honestly, I’m surprised Brian Meehl didn’t do Follow That Bird, I think he would have liked to be a major part as Telly. Instead it was Marty Robinson first performance as Telly.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think that was already in production after he left.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I thought Brian Meehl did Big Bird In Japan after he left.