The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Luis, Rita, "n't", and pies.

We see Rita with a cream pie, sticking her fingers in and licking them. (Let your imagination be your guide).

Luis is dressed in a nice suit and hat, and Rita decides to throw the pie at him.

Luis: "You wouldn't!"
Rita: "I would!"
Luis: "You couldn't!"
Rita: "I could!"
Luis: "You shouldn't!"
Rita: "I should!"

She throws the pie, which freeze-frames an inch from Luis's face.
Luis: "You didn't!"
SPLAT!! The pie makes contact, and Luis is a cream-covered mess.
Rita: "I did!"
And more fingers licking the pie off Luis's puss.

Later in the show (after changing clothes) Luis is about to make an announcement, when Rita shows up with another pie. This time, she surprises him by slamming it in her face.
Rita, you're a wild one.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Cullen, here's a Letterman clip you might know the title to, goes like this:

A man is in his backyard eating a bunch of GRAPES.
Spellbinder takes away the GR, so he's left with a bunch of APES!
While one beats the man up, the other takes bananas out of a fruit basket.

Letterman saves the day with a C, turning the APES into CAPES! Letterman and the man fly off into the sky that would make Superman proud.
SB has a cape too, but trips and falls on his face.

I enjoyed Letterman when I was little, but they're funnier now hearing all the comments under Spellbinder's breath.
Zero Mostel must've had a field day.

Xerus

Reaction score
Cullen, here's a Letterman clip you might know the title to, goes like this:

A man is in his backyard eating a bunch of GRAPES.
Spellbinder takes away the GR, so he's left with a bunch of APES!
While one beats the man up, the other takes bananas out of a fruit basket.

Letterman saves the day with a C, turning the APES into CAPES! Letterman and the man fly off into the sky that would make Superman proud.
SB has a cape too, but trips and falls on his face.

I enjoyed Letterman when I was little, but they're funnier now hearing all the comments under Spellbinder's breath.
Zero Mostel must've had a field day.
I thought Zero's lines were funny too. I had no idea SB was voiced by that guy I once saw on The Muppet Show.

I also liked in that cartoon how the man was sitting down with his hands on his ears. While in between the two apes who were covering their eyes and mouth. Creating a see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil scene.

Xerus

Reaction score
UN-FU: Does anyone remember this skit? We see a general store run by Morgan Freeman. In comes a stranger, played by Luis Avalos, dressed like a cowboy and spoke in a Chinese accent and was holding an UN in his hands. He told Morgan his name was Un-Fu and he'd like a job in the store. Morgan asked Un-Fu what he can do. Un-Fu pointed to Morgan's tie and said with the power of Un-Fu, he can UNTIE it. Un-Fu started making Kung Fu noises and unlaced Morgan's tie making him angry. Un-Fu pointed to a stack of cans all nice and even and said he can make then UNEVEN. And he slammed his UN at the cans knocking them down. Then did the same thing to a stack of cereal boxes making them UNEVEN and all over the floor. An angry Morgan had it and pointed to the double doors telling Un-Fu to UNCLOSE those doors and leave. Un-Fu complied and smashed through the doors.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
UN-FU: Does anyone remember this skit? We see a general store run by Morgan Freeman. In comes a stranger, played by Luis Avalos, dressed like a cowboy and spoke in a Chinese accent and was holding an UN in his hands. He told Morgan his name was Un-Fu and he'd like a job in the store. Morgan asked Un-Fu what he can do. Un-Fu pointed to Morgan's tie and said with the power of Un-Fu, he can UNTIE it. Un-Fu started making Kung Fu noises and unlaced Morgan's tie making him angry. Un-Fu pointed to a stack of cans all nice and even and said he can make then UNEVEN. And he slammed his UN at the cans knocking them down. Then did the same thing to a stack of cereal boxes making them UNEVEN and all over the floor. An angry Morgan had it and pointed to the double doors telling Un-Fu to UNCLOSE those doors and leave. Un-Fu complied and smashed through the doors.
Nice parody of the Kung Fu tv show. David Carradine would've been proud.

I love the line where Un-Fu explains where he's from.
"East of the sun, North by Northwest, South of the border, and right up your street", or something to that effect.

TEC made great spoofs of pop culture at the time. In 1974 Kung Fu was a big fat hairy deal. So many kids in first grade had a Kung Fu lunch box (the metal ones with the awesome graphics and the thermos). Me? I had the Partridge Family. My regrets.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We go for VI's

During Season 2, before Vi's Diner closed its doors, Morgan, Rita, and Jim pay tribute in song to their favorite short order cook.

Morgan: I go for potatoes.
I go for ham.
I go for greens
And candied yams.
I go for soul food
And homemade pies.
And that is why I go for VI's.

Rita: I go for meat loaf
I go for peas.
I go for hot dogs
And cheddar cheese
I go for spaghetti
And blueberry pies.
And that is why I go for Vi's.

Jim: I go for bananas
I go for shakes
I go for French fries
And sirloin steaks.

Lee: He goes for potatoes.
She goes for peas.
He goes for French fries.
They know I please!
They go for good food
And homemade pies
All: And that is why we go for
Vi's!!!!!!!!

Lee: Okay, everybody eat up!

Having spent many years cooking in restaurants, it is a pleasure seeing others enjoying my food.

Xerus

Reaction score
We go for VI's

During Season 2, before Vi's Diner closed its doors, Morgan, Rita, and Jim pay tribute in song to their favorite short order cook.

Morgan: I go for potatoes.
I go for ham.
I go for greens
And candied yams.
I go for soul food
And homemade pies.
And that is why I go for VI's.

Rita: I go for meat loaf
I go for peas.
I go for hot dogs
And cheddar cheese
I go for spaghetti
And blueberry pies.
And that is why I go for Vi's.

Jim: I go for bananas
I go for shakes
I go for French fries
And sirloin steaks.

Lee: He goes for potatoes.
She goes for peas.
He goes for French fries.
They know I please!
They go for good food
And homemade pies
All: And that is why we go for
Vi's!!!!!!!!

Lee: Okay, everybody eat up!

Having spent many years cooking in restaurants, it is a pleasure seeing others enjoying my food.
Actually, Morgan went for ice cream instead of greens. And asked for asparagus instead of soul food. And Rita asked for spaghetti instead of meatloaf. And asked for hamburgers instead of hot dogs. And cherry pie instead of blueberry.

I love how when Morgan was singing his order, Vi goes, "Where are you gonna put all of that, Sugah?"

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this cartoon? We see a piano player and a singer who starts singing, "I married a lady in bowling shoes. She had brown hair and doesn't drink booze." The piano player got confused, stopped playing, and asked the singer. "Wait a minute. You married a lady in bowling shoes?" "Yes," smiled the singer. "The lady was wearing bowling shoes?" asked the piano player. "Oh no," said the singer, "I was wearing bowling shoes. The lady was wearing sneakers! HA HA HA!" And the piano player sat there even more confused.