Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Are you sure there was a fire at Sesame workshop, because there was a fire at where they do the German Sesame Street. Besides, I’m sure there’s been a lot of stuff recorded from people that we don’t even know about

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Are you sure there was a fire at Sesame workshop, because there was a fire at where they do the German Sesame Street. Besides, I’m sure there’s been a lot of stuff recorded from people that we don’t even know about
Mmm. Well, now Heather's comment got me tad confused. Maybe she's collecting evidence from incidents that happened at television studios for other television programs from back in the day, and she may be using the same hypothesis with Sesame Workshop just from seeing the B&W kinescope copies of the episodes. On the other hand, Gavry3 is right, none of the Sesame Street stuff is lost for sure, they're just not available to the public. But yeah, you're correct that there really was a fire at the studio where they produced Sesamstraße.
On the other hand, I also remember what happened to the studio where they did Iftah Ya Simsim (Arabic Sesame Street)-- during the Gulf War, Iraq forces partially destroyed the studio and stole all the master tapes + the Nu'man costume and Cookie Monster. It's been stated that the master tapes for Iftah Ya Simsim along with the Nu'man costume and Cookie Monster were never recovered and remained lost forever. Strangely, I can still see hundreds of thousands of Iftah Ya Simsim episodes surface on YouTube from time to time. Maybe those came from backup copies found elsewhere. :confused::confused::confused:
Despite this, there was even a similar doubt with the 1973 anime of Doraemon which I read more about on the Lost Media Wiki page for it. Unlike Sesame Street however, some of the master tapes for the Doraemon '73 episodes indeed are lost for sure.
Trust me if any Sesame Street stuff was ever lost, they would not be able to release it on home media nor post it on sesamestreet.org nor their official YouTube channel. Well, good thing at least they have their stuff stored in the archives.:wink:

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Trust me if any Sesame Street stuff was ever lost, they would not be able to release it on home media nor post it on sesamestreet.org nor their official YouTube channel.
There's a good handful of stuff that isn't lost that they haven't released yet either. You're saying that like we got everything released...

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
There's a good handful of stuff that isn't lost that they haven't released yet either. You're saying that like we got everything released...
I'm not saying that "we got EVERYTHING released." I actually mean that they have it stored safely in their archives but never released it yet, hence why you'll find this clip that Sesame Workshop uploaded to YouTube, "Cookie Eats Galletitas", which wasn't previously found in [any episodes in the trading circuit, episodes that people recorded on VHS and uploaded to YouTube, nor any foreign co-productions that are currently on YouTube]. In addition, I was lucky and got an English copy of the "Ernie and the Pumpkin Seed Candy Salesman" clip from Sesame Workshop last year.
To tell ya the truth, "Cookie Eats Galletitas", along with all the other clips that have NEVER turned up publicly online, were NEVER lost. If they were ever lost, there would be NO such thing as showing up on DVD, sesamestreet.org or YouTube by now. So just because a clip doesn't turn up on YouTube DOESN'T mean it's lost, it's just that Sesame Workshop has it stored away in their archive but either didn't release it yet or didn't bother to release it at all.

Last edited:

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Oh look, the video was uploaded to YouTube by some fanfic copycat "M D Alex" who writes false information in the descriptions of his videos and also sometimes makes fake stuff.
In the description of said video linked above, the info about such songs Danny Parnell wrote IS INDEED false. He didn't even write songs for VeggieTales-- he died in 1989, WAY LONG before VeggieTales even came out! You all know what year VeggieTales debuted in! (Add 1989 + 4 = ? and there's your answer.)

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
But on the other hand...
MMMMMMMM, watching this video of "Here is Your Life: Loaf of Bread" makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hungry, :hungry: I'mma gonna eat 1,000 loaves of bread + yummy peanut butter sandwiches ALL NIGHT LONG until I get BOUND UP!:insatiable::insatiable::insatiable::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: