Moving Up the Ranks

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I know the Henson family had some beef with Steve.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I think Rick was among the many performers throwing shade at Steve last year, strongly imply that Steve often threw him under the bus, and was responsible for him getting fired from SS.
Rick was actually fired because, he looked at David Rudman's series ideas without his permission. I think Rick is just bitter that he stood in for Jim as Kermit, yet he didn't become Kermit's new performer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The plot thickens.

TBH, after those couple of Kermit bits that Rick did for Colbert last year, I will say that he's got all of Kermit's mannerisms - both vocal and physical - down, but the voice sounds too much like a sketch show comedian doing an imitation of Kermit for a skit . . . if that makes sense.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Interesting but, I think we’re getting off topic. I was thinking about how Brian Meehl got really easy success early on but, wasn’t satisfied with working for the Muppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've heard many different variations of Brian Meehl - I've heard the stories of him not being satisfied with the success (or lack thereof) with working for the Muppets, but I've also heard the stories that he instead wanted to move onto other areas, such as live acting and writing.

Similarly, there's inconsistencies with the knowledge of John Lovelady's departure as well. One common story is that he felt Jim was limiting his performing opportunities by utilizing him more in coordinating positions of other performers . . . it's also interesting that he left THE GREAT SPACE COASTER before that show ended as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
John Lovelady wasn't really that strong a puppeteer from what I've seen; not a bad singer, though.

Brian did an interview with Getting Felt Up not long ago and he chose to leave to focus on his family (which he wasn't seeing much of because of the demanding production schedules) and try and do his own writing.