New Sesame Street documentary based on "Street Gang" to premiere in April 2021

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Good news. I just got a message from the producers this morning. Here's what they said:

"Thanks for checking in! We are going to put out a huge announcement in the next few weeks. Everything is going great!"

Looks like we'll have new updates soon. Maybe even a trailer.:super:
OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooohhhh!!!! :search:

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Good news. I just got a message from the producers this morning. Here's what they said:

"Thanks for checking in! We are going to put out a huge announcement in the next few weeks. Everything is going great!"

EXCITEMENT!!!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I can’t wait to see what they pull off for the documentary

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding out on releasing it until next year to coincide with the 50th anniversary.

EDIT: Their preview image on their official site says "Coming 2019," so let's assume it'll be then.
Makes sense.

Yippee Skippy!!!! :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here is the latest update from the film's Facebook page. Final filming is just beginning, so hopefully that means we'll see an official trailer soon .

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=675803336123388&id=208910762812650
YES! Can't wait.
I wonder how long the doc is going to be, because the book covered a lot. Will it be one movie length documentary about the conception of the show? Will it focus more on the early years of the show and be multiple parts? Will it's timeline go as far ahead as the book did, going all the way to the 90s?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing I'm most interested in seeing is the reconstructed Season 1 set of the straight street.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I can't see them going much further beyond the stoop they made, but I'm intrigued as to where this is going.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, I thought they were going to build a full replica of the Season 1 street.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, they were very vague in how they described it. But, the were only raising $100,000 for the entire shebang and I don't know how much they could spend on set building.