Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I seriously hate politics, lol.

Yesterday, I was, again, all ready to vote Democrat. They made a good point about the Republicans potentially taking away medical benefits people need.

But then, of course, a Democrat male had to condescendingly explain to me why abortion was so kind and merciful towards special needs children. Don't get me wrong, the conversation started out promising, like we actually might make some progress. But no, he had to panic over the very IDEA of anyone challenging abortion EVER. And smugly walk away bragging about how "proud" he was of his "polite discourse."

Screw you. Forever. I'm staying home.
The Democratic candidate for governor in WI likened abortion as just another medical procedure like a tonsillectomy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though early voting is now underway, I really get the sickening feeling that my uber-red state will end up being among so many others that are purging votes (just about all of our neighboring states are doing it). Like I pointed out before, so many of our conservative, Republican, and righwing politicians are Elmo-bent on working alongside Trump on everything, from healthcare to immigration, and especially border control.

But what I can't figure out is why TN is so obsessed with border control all of the sudden - the way the politicians are acting, you would think we're a border state being directly affected by this . . . but we're not. Unless it's because we do have a relatively good-sized Latin-American community, and they assume because they're Hispanic, they must be illegals, and must be deported.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I found this on Facebook from one of THE most biased right-wing pages ever (*cough* Occupy Democrats logic), but honestly, assuming this actually happened, I would have given the poor guy a hug.

And again, it really makes me sick to my stomach that there are women/girls out there who actually use this to their advantage.