The Nostalgia Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just rediscovered my old collection of Furbies in the attic a couple days ago. Man, those things bring back memories. Like a lot of kids growing up in the late '90s and early '00s I adored Furbies back then, >3.

If I can remember correctly, this one was my favorite Furby because it's color reminded me a little bit of my cat Spot's fur lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My dad listens to a lot of the SiriusXM Outlaw Country radio station that plays "edgier" country music you wouldn't normally hear in the mainstream, hearing country singers drop the F-bomb and say filthy things about sex that Brad Paisley would never sing about in a billion years is commonplace on that channel. But one thing I heard recently surprised me a bit. They were playing a song by Shel Silverstein of all people! I thought at first that it was just a joke, because "How could a kid's book writer possibly make anything edgy enough to be played on Outlaw Country?" but boy was I wrong. It was an entire Shel Silverstein song about getting high on drugs. I kid you not!? I'm still not one hundred percent sure if that ruined or enhanced my childhood but hey, it was definitely an interesting discovery.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Yeah, next go watch Bob Saget preach about sucking d*** for coke and other wonderful things. :coy:
I remember Bob Saget from watching old reruns of classic America's Funniest Home Videos episodes growing up. I had no idea he did vulgar stuff like that.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
And speaking of movies:

My mom says that she even remembers taking me to see this as well.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I think the first movie I went to was Dr. Dolittle at a drive-in, and I played with Sesame Street Colorforms the whole time; there's some nostalgia for ya!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm beyond excited about that upcoming live-action Lilo and Stitch movie. L&S was my favorite childhood movie and is still among my favorite Disney films of all time. I'm glad that after so long, another film featuring LILO alongside Stitch is being made. Not Yuna, not Ai, but good old Lilo. Not that I have a problem with those Stitch spinoffs featuring other girls in place of Lilo as Stitch's best friend. I just prefer Lilo over all the later spinoff characters myself. The spinoffs are good as their own unique series but neither of them compare to the original Stitch movies and TV show.