Which old Sesame Street Characters could return for Season 50?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Sesame Street was always full of many unique characters and while the current cast is a basic simple and small cast...that does bring up the question of Season 50 ?

An anniversary season that full of surprises is worth the wait. So that bring up this question: With so many characters that Sesame Street has: With the exception of the main cast of Sesame Street Muppets via Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie and Abby, Which OLD Sesame Street characters, like the Honkers, Mumford and others, do you expect making an appearance for the 50th season and which former background character via Ernie, Bert, Telly and Prairie Dawn would make leap back to the forefront in time for Season 50 ?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Forgetful Jones (David Rudman), Biff and Sully, Harvey Kneeslapper, Roosevelt Franklin, (Matt Vogel), Professor Hastings (Eric Jacobson). I'll try to think of more later on.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Who do I expect?

Well, if I had a guess, probably alot of characters from season 40.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, they use Honkers all the time lately (mainly in the background, but they're there).

I would expect a bunch of background cameos, but nothing major like Herry or Granny Fanny getting a whole storyline about themselves.

They're making sure the focus is on the core group of characters, which is much more apparent in the marketing than on the show itself it seems. Don't expect them to balloon the Muppet cast back up again. Half of the old Muppet casts were just created to help them make material for 130 shows a season; that's not an issue anymore.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I mean, they use Honkers all the time lately (mainly in the background, but they're there).

I would expect a bunch of background cameos, but nothing major like Herry or Granny Fanny getting a whole storyline about themselves.

They're making sure the focus is on the core group of characters, which is much more apparent in the marketing than on the show itself it seems. Don't expect them to balloon the Muppet cast back up again. Half of the old Muppet casts were just created to help them make material for 130 shows a season; that's not an issue anymore.
Having Herry at the very least make a comeback in Season 50, even for a few episodes would be a treat to see.

Plus they could bring back all the old songs just for the 50th Season and/or saving it for the 50th anniversary special on TV. Surely that is a reason to bring back the old characters, right ?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would like to see new versions of old songs, yes. I feel like they should've been doing that for awhile.

But again, I think the most they'll do is some silent cameos. Don't expect a Simon Soundman musical number or anything.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's not the answer I was expecting from you... :wink:
Hehe. Well, it did say "expect", not "hope." :stick_out_tongue:

But, yeah. I personally don't expect a Little Jerry cameo given that they skipped through seasons and didn't appear as much by the 80's, but we'll see.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I would like to see new versions of old songs, yes. I feel like they should've been doing that for awhile.

But again, I think the most they'll do is some silent cameos. Don't expect a Simon Soundman musical number or anything.
When it comes to Simon Soundman, I don't think Silent is something you should expect when he makes a cameo appearance. :stick_out_tongue:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I have a feeling characters like Forgetful or Roosevelt won't have voices because, of respect. Plus Norman Stiles said they couldn't recast Forgetful because he was such a Richard character.