Which old Sesame Street Characters could return for Season 50?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I would expect a bunch of background cameos, but nothing major like Herry or Granny Fanny getting a whole storyline about themselves.
Honestly, I can imagine Herry getting a storyline about himself, considering that Peter is slowly but surely bringing him back into the spotlight. As for Granny Fanny? She wasn't as well-known, so I definitely don't see her getting a storyline of some kind.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
No, but she could appear in the background or as a supporting character or something.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I don't watch new Sesame Street, but cringe at hearing Bert, Ernie and even Telly have been relegated to background characters.

It's honestly all about Harvey Kneeslapper at this point.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Bert and Ernie are making a comeback. So you cannot complain there

cjd874

Reaction score
How about the Amazing Mumford? He made a background appearance in the finale of Caroll Spinney's retirement party video, so I'm hoping that he returns.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
How about the Amazing Mumford? He made a background appearance in the finale of Caroll Spinney's retirement party video, so I'm hoping that he returns.
There was a Facebook vid recently that Sesame put up where he had a speaking role and John Kennedy played him.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
What were in my childhood the first-tier Muppets (Big Bird, Oscar, Bert, Ernie, Grover, Cookie Monster, and to a lesser degree Telly, Elmo, Snuffy, and the Count) are all still with the show (save Kermit, now separately owned). So an appearance by the then-second-tier Muppets (Herry, Guy Smiley, Mumford, Forgetful Jones, Alice, etc.) would be nice.

But that pales in comparison to the expectation of the longer-running human cast members showing back up (for the special at least, if not on the regular episodes).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Alice I think the puppet got deteriorated over time and it’s too expensive to rebuild.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
It could be like: Don Music (David Rudman), How Now Brown Cow (Christopher Cerf), Kermit the Frog (Peter Linz), Biff (Matt Vogel), and Sully (David Rudman), Miami Mice (Peter Linz and Martin P. Robinson), Sherlock Hemlock (Matt Vogel) and many others.....

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm not sure that Sherlock Hemlock ever got enough love. :search: