Little things we've noticed

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh, here's another thing that I noticed...it seems like every year now we get one street story where Prairie Dawn stomps on Rosita's feelings.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the guides for episodes 2681 and 2737, I wonder if the endings were swapped.

Both episodes involve Gabi and Irvine going to day care, the first one has a scene where Oscar talks about playing peek-a-boo with Irvine, and then the final scene in the other one has Oscar and Irvine playing peek-a-boo. I feel that closing scene would make more sense with the earlier episode.

The first season show content at the CTW Archives lists a lot of segments that don't have episode numbers applied, including Jazz #7, Jazz #9, and Jazz #10, all of which aired in season 2. Considering that was a recurring segments and the others seemed to air all the time in the first season, I wonder what took the other three from airing in the first season. Another segment listed as being produced in season one but not airing until season two is S-Superman, I would think with that having a famous licensed character that it would have aired sooner.

I've also noticed a number of instances where it mentions street scenes. There are many street scenes that probably could have been listed but aren't, and a lot of them only have one episode number listed, but why some and not others? For years I noticed the "Brotherhood of Man" number being listed as "Block Party) Brotherhood of Man", I thought that was interesting, then saw it was part of an episode involving a block party... But until recently I overlooked the fact that only one episode was listed for it (maybe they planned to repeat it later?).

The first season show content also lists Ernie and Bert's bit from the first episode, talking about the number 2 film and introducing the letter E film. At first I wouldn't have expected that one to be repeated because it'd need to be in episodes sponsored by 2 and E, then I found out the whole first week had the same sponsors... But this one supposedly didn't air again (well, it doesn't have "dump" written by it, so it could have aired after the first season), but I wonder why list that one?

Though many of the street scenes listed are ones with Muppets who aren't Big Bird or Oscar, or rare ones involving Buddy and Jim. I noticed for years two segments listed as "Balloons I (Gordon and Big Bird)" and "Balloons II (Big Bird and Monster)", with no numbers by the second one - then I found an episode with both segments (so I guess they were a two-parter). And I saw one listed as "Jim: Big and Little", with only one episode listed, but looking at the episode guide, it lists it as a street scene, which surprises me (also by mistake, it says that introduced Kermit's lecture on tall and short, but the CTW Archives document says it leads "Kermit Big and Little" bit).

But even if it's listing all street scenes with Muppets other than Big Bird and Oscar, there's no mention of the scenes from episode 1 with Ernie in Hooper's Store, Kermit watching Bob's W dollar, or the closing scene from the episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Lately, when learning what seasons certain segments debuted in, I've found that quite a few of the ones I had been wrong about had debuted in either season 10 or 20 (in terms of first broadcast episodes to include them).

For the most part I'd just been guessing, but it is interesting that so many segments that I guessed might have premiered in, say, season 8 or 12 debuted in 10, or segments that I might have thought premiered in seasons 18 or 19 first aired in season 20.

Right now I'm trying to remember what season 10/20 segments they were that I thought debuted at a different time. I think the segment with Ernie telling Bert to guess what's in each item of clothing is one of those season 10 segments, and at least some of the "Detective Series" segments premiered in season 20 (the first one debuted in season 18 and then additional segments debuted in season 20), I assumed those began in season 16 or 17 (and actually, about a decade ago, I thought those premiered within the first five seasons; some of them just have the plain white backgrounds associated with segments from the first season and a little beyond).

Aside from those, in the last week I feel I've found a number of first appearances that reveal segments first aired a year later than I had thought. It looks like Fuzzy and Blue first aired in season 13 as opposed to season 12 like I had thought, and I think Me Gotta Be Blue first aired in season 14 as opposed to 13 (and these were based on copyright dates.... many of the copyright dates for Sesame Street songs reflect the date that the seasons ended), and Sesame Street News: First Day of School premiered in season 13 as opposed to 12 (did Hulu say that it debuted the previous season?).

wiley207

Reaction score
Even though I'm basically guessing, I have a hunch the 1992 re-recording of Sam Pottle's theme to "Monsterpiece Theater" was orchestrated by Dave Conner. It sounds like something he would've done, with that lush orchestral feel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
We've talked about how we've noticed things in the individual performer's overall puppet manipulation. I've noticed that Steve particularly emphasizes the "Henson Punch" in his mouth movements, in that he "punches" the head forward on each syllable.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Another puppetry movement post as well, but I happened to notice it looks like Frank Oz might be doing the puppetry for the keyboardist and Richard Hunt as the drummer in NTV.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I love this song so much, but UGH! I always hated how awful the lip-synching was.

On another note, were the AM's that were sitting on the porch in other skits? I feel like I saw them somewhere else too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Speaking of which, has anyone ever noticed how often they recycled that brownstone facade for Muppet inserts?