Little things we've noticed

cjd874

Reaction score
Speaking of which, has anyone ever noticed how often they recycled that brownstone facade for Muppet inserts?
Yes! I think they started using alternate brownstone facades around Season 9 or 10, although they used painted city sidewalk backdrops as early as Season 2. I know that "Born to Add" and "I Love My Elbows" used a brownstone facade, along with the "Garden Cooperation Song."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I used to think the Ernie and Bert movie skit where the former gets emotional throughout the skit was from season 6, given how the puppets looked in that skit, but then it turned out to actually be from season 5.

So it looks like these two puppets

Must have been created towards the end of season 5.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the TV version of "Goin' for a Ride," the engineer/conductor's singing voice is Big Bird's, but when they crash into each other at the end, his speaking voice is suddenly Oscar's.

cjd874

Reaction score
Skit observation: Ernie and Bert's picture fell off the wall on two occasions. Both times, it happened at the end of the sketch, and both sketches were from season 5 (the counting cups and saucers bit, and the drum cooperation bit).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I imagining things, or did it sound like during the last few years that the classic closing theme was used for the Friday credits sequence that somebody's whistling was dubbed in with the "Magic carpet ride" bridge?

I mean, listen for yourself:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the TV version of "Goin' for a Ride," the engineer/conductor's singing voice is Big Bird's, but when they crash into each other at the end, his speaking voice is suddenly Oscar's.
If you mean the line "Oh, what are ya doin'?! Watch it where you're driving that thing!", that was actually Jim as the purple muppet saying that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, Jim's AM does say those things, but listen carefully, you can hear Oscar's voice saying, "Heeey! Watch that stuff! What's wrong with you?!"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I can hear it faintly, but it's also hard to really hear it with a first time listen because Jim's voice kind of overpowers Carroll's and Frank's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True, I only picked up on it after repeat viewings. Meanwhile, you can't even hear a word of what Frank says during that bit.